What's this 1937 buffalo nickel worth ??

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Nick Chiappetta, May 3, 2019.

1. Just curious about what kind of worth this may have ? I know it can be a fine line between having a deserving coin sent off for grade.... And wasting money and time having a coin sent off for grade. I don't wanna be that guy....lol :)
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I can tell you straight off that that coin is not worth the expense of sending off to be graded.

Here's the PCGS Photograde page for Buffalo nickels. Scroll to the left to see the circulated grades.

Your coin looks VF to me, and perhaps polished.

Here's the Numismedia (coinprices.org) listing for the 1937 Buffalo nickel, which is an extremely common date.

In VF, it is a $2.00 coin (assuming it's not been cleaned, which it might have).

So now ask yourself if you want to spend $35-50 getting a $1-2 coin graded, and there's your answer.

It's not a terrible coin. It's just not a very valuable one, either.

4. Thank
    Thank you very much lordmarcovan !! I appreciate the information you've given me. Also told me what i needed to know. CT is always so helpful. I really enjoy y'alls company and i try to soak up as much of everyone's knowledge as i can. Lol Thanks again !! :)

Nick

352sdeer, Tlberg and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

You took that sobering news rather well. Good on you, mate. ;)

Nick Chiappetta likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted