What's the value for these 2 starnotes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Norman Asis, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Norman Asis

Norman Asis Active Member

Good afternoon everyone! I want to get your opinion on how to determine the value for these two starnotes that I got from my bank, a $2 bill series 2003 and a $20 bill series 2013. Both have 640,000 run size. Condition of both bills are ok, circulated. The $20 bill has what seems like anink mark running down between the last digit of the serial number and the star.
    If I were to sell hese notes, how much could I ask for the $2 and for the $20? Thanks in advance.
    image.jpg image.jpg Screenshot_20180818-150943~2.png image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Screenshot_20180818-151401~2.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The ink mark is the from a teller's stamp and takes much away from any possible premium the note might command.

4. Norman Asis

Thanks you for the info. What is a fair price if I were to list this on one of those buy and sell inline site? Thanks

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I will give you $1.00 for the $2.00 note and $10.00 for the $20.00 :jawdrop:

6. Norman Asis

Such a generous offer paddyman but I'll pass!

paddyman98 and Kentucky like this.
  7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Face value to me. But some people collect them, perhaps you can get a small premium. But if you are using EBay to sell, fees will take your profits and more.

8. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

In used condition they are only worth face. Too common in circulated condition. If you started them at face value, you might get a bid of 25 cents over. After fees you would lose money.

Draft saved Draft deleted