Whats the most you have paid for a coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Atlas37, Dec 29, 2017.

1. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

As you know, I have the Midwest's finest collection of cleaned/polished/whizzed Peace Dollars. I finally scared up a bit of cash and bought something nice. I probably paid too much ($330, delivered) but I found the coloring on this one to be irresistible.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Nathan401, gronnh20, DUNK 2 and 8 others like this.
  4. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

1795 FH Dollar, and 1878-cc trade dollar, around 4500 apiece.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Too much

Gregg likes this.
  6. Add a holed
    1. Add a holed, altered or otherwise defaced Peace Dollar or two to your infamous Peace Dollar collection and you'll have what my father affectionately called a BU Set for which the BU stands for BUSTED UP. He had an incredible date set of Large Cents & Indian Cents, including a 1793 Chain Cent, mounted in a custom wooden hinged presentation case in this style… we had more damn fun with it! Sam_I_am

7. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

Sam,
    I have only just started a 'holed' collection of Peace Dollars and my father is building a low ball collection (the rim has to be worn into the fields). I like beat up Peace Dollars because you can handle them. :)

-Gregg

8. I used to carry in my pocket an Ike $1 that had been holed & used as a oversized washer during Hurricane Andrew in '92. For fun I'd ask folks if they wanted to see my Holy Dollar? Obviously when I pulled it out they'd agree that it was indeed holey, …just not sacred!

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Hey SAM, There is a point to talking about your knowledge, and actually getting down to Brass Tacks. It is to the benefit of this forum that you actually start producing what you speak, we around here are visually dependent. It's like entering a blank white piece of pape into evidence, without even a finger print on it.
    Whatcha got lets see some evidence from the stories you tell?

10. I don't understand your complaint or whatever you wish to call it. What do want …a photo of my "holey Ike $"? Verification of the front page Coin World story regarding the 1982 purchase of the Punch on Breast Brasher? Citation of a published article on Bahamian currency? It's all available if need be, but at the moment I don't feel a need to scratch what I perceive as your somewhat rudely expressed incredulous itch!

11. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

:wideyed::woot: Gets me every time. That coin is so awesome!!This design is my White Whale. I LOVE this time period in our Country's history!! The design really appeals to me, and while out of my reach now, it's possible that someday it could happen. But that wouldn't be for quite some, and I would have to have a few fortunate years in there.
    Can someone tell me the story behind all those cloud thingys above the eagle on the reverse? Was it a mistake covered by the engraver?

12. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Sam. Pictures are what we all love. Its kinda late and tomorrow's Sunday. Library is closed. So give us a break and show something. I need something to dream about. Tonight. @Sam_I_am.MiaFLUSA

wxcoin and Pickin and Grinin like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted