Whats the most you have paid for a coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Atlas37, Dec 29, 2017.

1. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

wow that's a lot of money. the detail on those coins is so amazing. wow:cool::cat::cat::cat:

panzerman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

That is so hard for me to imagine. If you exclude insurance and taxes I don't spend much more than that a year in total, for everything!

panzerman likes this.
  4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I've bought a few $3000 coins. U.S. Type coins. Most of my buying, though, is in the $50-$300 range.

Mainebill, LaCointessa, Kasia and 2 others like this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

About 600$ on a 28 Peace dollar.

LaCointessa and panzerman like this.
  6. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Most ever spent on a single coin.. about $400. Most ever spent on a lot of multiple coins... $1,800

LaCointessa and panzerman like this.
  7. Atlas37

Atlas37 New Member

Hey ill show some better pics when i collect it on friday

8. HappyHighway

HappyHighway Member

$475 for an 1872 Two-Cent, PCGS certified F12. I love the odd-denominations and the rarity of the 1872 makes it all the more enjoyable

panzerman and spirityoda like this.
  9. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

Oh, some nice coins here.

panzerman likes this.
  10. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Sorry, I made a mistake in first post. The most I paid was 2064724l (5).jpg 26K for this awesome coin, well worth it:happy:
    AV Oktodrachm 28.08g./ 28mm. struck Alexandria Mint circa 160BC under Ptolomy VII.
    Ptolomaic Rulers of Egypt/ Depicts Arsinoe II 280-63BC
    However, if one counts in inflation, the coins bought circa 2005/6 were more expensive. The Elagalabus AV Aureus, a similar example sold in Ars Classica Auction for 60K Swiss Frcs. This coin was 2016 Auction win.
    John

Stork, markr, Curtisimo and 16 others like this.
  11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

$135 for an MS65 1881S Morgan. Price was a little high but the luster is beautiful. It's my favorite coin that I own. I'm a cheapo when it comes to coins. I specialize in common date Morgans and Ikes. I am in the hunt for an MS66 1882S Morgan right now. That will put me in the over $200 range but I am not there yet.

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

$6K for a 1794 S-20 large cent in VG-10. It's an R-5 coin with about 60 pieces known to exist, this one is the 12th finest known.

markr, Mainebill, LaCointessa and 2 others like this.
  13. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

21k for an MS-62 1856 FE, S-3

14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

That's a rare coin, but they have fallen over the last 5 years. :(

panzerman likes this.
  15. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I paid $100 for my '28 P from a seller on eBay. He had it listed as a "Buy It Now" for $200, but with no option to offer less. It went through two BIN weekly cycles, so on the last day I contacted him with my $100 offer, saying that if this was amenable to him, he could just send me an invoice. It's not a looker but it hadn't been cleaned either. Peace_Obv.jpg

dlhill132, longshot, gronnh20 and 7 others like this.
  16. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

$2610.00
    The three piece 1 oz. gold Eagle set in 2006. (with reverse proof) Bought directly from the mint.
    As far as I know, there haven't been any more RP 1 oz. gold Eagles produced since. The current value is about double the original price now.

Welcome to C.T. btw.

panzerman likes this.
  17. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Wow. Are you sure your name isn't Midas??? :)
    Man you have some spectacular coins, congratulations.

LaCointessa, spirityoda and panzerman like this.
  18. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I would have paid 175 for that all day.

LA_Geezer likes this.
  19. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Excuse me for asking....what is a 1856 FE S-3?
    Thanks!
    No, i am just an ordinary working man, providing a service.....in my case, "Maintaining clients lawns/gardens" Here is a photo to prove it....But, I have fun in the Winter, when I am unemployed:happy: Proves hard work =rewards. john photos 1 003 (Medium).jpg john photos 1 002 (Medium).jpg

brg5658, markr, dlhill132 and 5 others like this.
  20. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

And I would buy another one just like it for $175, but in the years since this one was bought it seems that the perceived value has gone up, too. I would love to have one with original luster but I am not willing to pay for that.

C-B-D likes this.
  21. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Draft saved Draft deleted