What's it worth? US Coins

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Seattlite86, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

How much do you think these coins together are worth? If you were to try to pick these up, what's the most you'd feel comfortable paying? *note: these coins are not for sale*
    Thank you!
    dimes 1.jpg dimes 2.jpg half dollars 2.jpg half dollars.jpg Morgan dollars 2.jpg morgan dollars.jpg nickels 2.jpg nickels.jpg quarter and cen 2.jpg quarter and cent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I'm gong to suggest that you edit your post to read differently, as it presently reads to me like an offer to sell . . .

Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. Seattlite86

Thanks, definitely not!

5. Seattlite86

It is no longer for sale; I just wanted to know what everyone thought the coins as a bundle are worth. I'd assume around melt, but just wanted to hear some figures.

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

That's what I'd assume too, but I'm not in a position to check for varieties or squint for dates on the SLQ and Buffalos. An 1879 IHC is worth a bit more than the usual if it's not cleaned or damaged.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. jerryc39

jerryc39 Well-Known Member

I would say around $95

Seattlite86 likes this.
  8. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

9. Seattlite86

10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yeah, but Morgans always bring more than spot.

If I had the lot in hand, or if I had time to study the pictures carefully, I'd look to see whether there's anything special about the Morgans, I'd look to see what IHCs in that date and condition have been getting on eBay, and I'd look for mintmarks on the Buffalos. I wouldn't be a buyer at $100, but I might sell at that price if nothing looked special. I'd snatch the lot right up at $70-75, and study it at my leisure.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  11. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

About $80, and I would spend the dateless Buffalo nickels. IMO the coins are not worth keeping. I would sell them and buy something nice and scarce.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  12. Knowledgeseeker79

Knowledgeseeker79 New Member

Hello, I noticed on your website that you do not have any Indian cents showcased. Is it because they do not hold enough value for you to showcase or because you do not currently have any? I ask, because I obtained some (as well as some mercury dimes both ways) from a much older lady at a swapmeet, and I wonder if I made a good buy or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted