What's a larger quarter?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Billyray, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Billyray

Billyray Junior Member

The newscaster from our local stations said "The hail is quarter sized, and larger quarter sized". Last I checked quarters were one sized lol.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

What more would you expect from the media? Just a bunch of nitwits for the most part.

4. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Maybe he's into coins and was referencing a quarter eagle

5. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

I'm not even sure why they use coins as a guide to describe hail anyways. Marble, golf ball and or softball sized describes hail better, since all of those are spherical. Coins are round and flat. Hail is never flat like a coin. :thumb:

6. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Actually he sounds like he knows his stuff. The draped bust and the earlier capped bust quatrers were a larger diameter.

7. britcoin

britcoin New Member

inflation? lol

8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I was actually watching that and had to smile. It was one heck of a night. The storm guys are calling for dollar and small dollar size tonight.;)

9. TheCoinGeezer

TheCoinGeezer Senex Bombulum

It is after it hits the ground! :D

10. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Wow... that has got to hurt!

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Think of what they can do at 80 mph.

12. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Well, my advice is, don't go outside during the softball sized hail. I've seen it a few times, you just stare out the window and cringe on every hit to your car when it's not parked in the garage, carport or at least under a tree (not good protection but better than direct hits).

13. Billyray

Billyray Junior Member

Draft saved Draft deleted