Whats a 1/3 stamped penny planchet worth

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Michael A Chandler, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Michael A Chandler

Michael A Chandler New Member

misdied penny.jpg misdied penny 1.jpg
    My first post and this coin is what inspired me to find y'all... glad i did as i have a small collection and am curious after some of the prices I've seen people get for their pennies... Is this worth... what???

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

Not to be an ass, but you could have posted clearer pictures!

CoinCorgi likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It is called an Off Center Strike. It is a Mint Error that is seen many times so it is not rare. Prices range from $5.00 - $8.00 depending on the amount of Off-Strike and condition of the coin.

Welcome to CoinTalk.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Just a suggestion.. There is a Error Coins forum here on CoinTalk. Post any future threads there instead. First worry about if you have an actual Mint Error or not. Value should be last. Most minor error issues have very little or no premium at all.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Welcome to CT. As stated l, it's an off center strike. In my area they sell for about $5.00. Since yours doesn't have a date it would probably go for a little less.

Michael A Chandler and -jeffB like this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood, Michael!

Are the prices you've seen on eBay "asking prices" or "sold prices". There is a difference. People can ask anything they want, but it doesn't mean that it will sell for that amount. ~ Chris

8. Michael A Chandler

wish i had something other than an android phone YET as my mother says, " it is what it is" God bless u and urs

9. Michael A Chandler

Thank you for correction in terminology, your knowledgeable response and advise as to where to post... my first post and i am sure before it is said and done i will err again ... tee hee

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. Michael A Chandler

Thanks... some of both YET it wasn't only ebay... i played around a few times looking up prices, through google search; as when my wife's uncle passed there were coins he had collected in his journey through life... He had even started filling those collection blue books

Draft saved Draft deleted