Whatever happened to Quin's Coins?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by manny9655, Apr 5, 2021.

1. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

Ryan Quinlan (Quin's Coins) used to post coin roll hunting videos every Saturday on YouTube and would post the link to his Facebook page. I used to look forward to them every week but he hasn't posted a new video in several weeks. I know he had a hard time getting boxes because of Covid but he would still post every couple of weeks, but he hasn't posted anything in quite some time. Does anyone know what happened to him?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  4. manny9655

I messaged him via his Facebook page and got no response

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Ryan or his brother Kevin on Instagram?

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  6. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

his newest video on Youtube is 2 days ago saturday April 3rd.... previous one was 2 weeks, he was at a max of 1 video a week at his maximum, but lately he's been 2-3 a month.

manny9655 likes this.
  7. manny9655

I wonder why he doesn't post the links to Facebook anymore then?

8. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Life happens and we get caught up at times with more important things. Hopefully he's doing well but I do know as someone who just started podcasting that it takes time to make it all work. I'm sure he'll get back to you, in time.

Cliff Reuter likes this.
  9. Quin's Coins

Quin's Coins New Member

Hey Manny, this is Ryan Quinlan from Quin's Coins. I was browsing the internet and stumbled across this post and just had to make an account so I could reply. It's true, I've been struggling to post every Saturday like I used to, but I am trying to get back on track with weekly posts again. It has been a combination of things- COVID, the slowdown at the USPS from December 2020 through about March of 2021 which sent my business into chaos (I sell coin roll hunting placemats on my website and a ton of people were either receiving their orders very late or not at all), plus some family issues that I have been dealing with. Now, my channel is entering into its slow season (I don't know why views and activity slows down every Summer, but it does) and I'm likely going to start posting metal detecting videos again. Those videos don't do as well, but I still like making them just to switch things up on the channel. I'm going to try my best to post weekly again because it is important to me.

As far as posting links on Facebook- I have been slacking on that too because honestly, I didn't think anybody actually cared. But now that I see some people count on them, I will definitely keep doing it!

I had a ton of unanswered Facebook messages, so I spent last Friday going through and answering them all. I hope I got to yours- let me know if I didn't!

Honestly this post sparked something in me. It made me realize that I do have people who care about and look forward to my videos. I had been thinking that people didn't care anymore since I posted so infrequently towards the end of 2020 and start of 2021 and no one seemed to notice. Thanks for making me wake up and realize that this channel and this little business I have actually means something to someone!

10. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

@Quin's Coins Hey man, Just wanted to say I enjoy your channel, I especially like the head to head hunts with Kevin from a couple years ago and the nickel and penny box album filler hunts. Good clean content, informative and fun. Wanted to say thanks for the content!

People are inside for winter, checking out youtube, but when the weather is nice, they are all outside. That's the summer slowdown in a nutshell.

Quin's Coins and Skyquest like this.
  11. manny9655

Thanks Ryan, and welcome to the Coin Talk Forum! I think you will find a lot of friends here including me. I'm an old guy but I enjoy your videos and your enthusiasm is an inspiration. I figured you had a combination of things going on. Glad to see you back. Browse this forum, you'll find some interesting stuff here.

Skyquest and John Burgess like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted