What Year can be; This copper 5 cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Carlos Arriaga, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Can somebody tell me what year is this Copper 5 cent American Coin? Thank for your help.

1. 1703 maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's a conmemorative coin o medal.

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Carlos Arriaga

Carlos Arriaga Senior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Looks like a privately made copper round. The design is based off a $5 Indian Chief Bill, like the one pictured.

1899-5-silver-certificate-very-fine.jpg

4. Carlos Arriaga

That's good information. Thank a lot YoloBagels, now my research will be around what years this bill's were in circulation.

YoloBagels likes this.
  5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

$1.49 at JM Bullion
    [​IMG]

YoloBagels, paddyman98 and spirityoda like this.
  6. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

In order to determine when a note of a certain design circulated, it is best to examine the signature combinations to establish a timeframe. For example, the $5 Silver Certificates of this design were printed from 1899 until a new design bearing Abraham Lincoln's portrait was released in 1923. Therefore, a note with the signature combination of Lyons and Roberts would be the earliest. While a combination of Speelman and White would represent the latest as they were made between 1922 and 1923 prior to the design change.

YoloBagels likes this.
  7. Carlos Arriaga

The coin belongs to a friend of mine. My intention was to buy it offering a good price. but... yeha does not worth to much. Than for your help. Believe it or not. what was in my mind was something like 500.oo dolars.

Draft saved Draft deleted