What would you pay?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Christian Gonzales, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Christian Gonzales

Christian Gonzales I am a 14 year old coin collector.

What would you pay for this 1832 XF40 Small Letters Capped Bust Half Dollar(PCGS)?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cremebrule

cremebrule Active Member

Are you buying or selling it? The coin's obverse appears to have an attractive original tone. It's tough to tell from the photos, but assuming the reverse has not been cleaned/dipped before (and is similar to the obverse), I wouldn't mind paying $160-$180 for it.

But I'm not a bust expert; best to wait for someone like CBD or iGradeMS70 to chime in.

4. Christian Gonzales

Sorry the pictures aren't the best.

5. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

A good clean honest bust half worth around $150 I have 2 of the same date in comparable condition

6. Christian Gonzales

7. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Is a good looking coin with nice detail and color

Christian Gonzales likes this.
  8. Christian Gonzales

I'm just wanting to see what people would have to offer on this coin. I paid $120 for it about 5 months ago. Thank you for your input.

9. Christian Gonzales

Th
    Thank you.

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Folks remember that it is against the rules to make implied or otherwise offers to Buy/Sell/Trade in any forum other than the approved advertising ones. Don't bring problems on yourself or someone else. Jim

11. Christian Gonzales

I'm just wondering what people would pay, this coin is not for sale or trade (at least not at the moment). In a way I am trying to get it appraised for what I would want for it in the near future. No worries.

12. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ahh, but that is why I am a moderator~ I do worry at such. There was an 'almost' implied offer by a member above, and often people do not read the thread from the very beginning , so on page 2 when it comes, they jump in , and after the warning above might get zapped. It sounds as if you are trying to get a 'price' to offer for sale someplace and use the members.

13. cremebrule

cremebrule Active Member

Sorry -- that's my bad (I'm assuming I'm the one you're referring to with the "almost" offer). I was (am) not interested in the coin; I phrased my opinion rather badly. Basically I was trying to determine what sort of advice he was looking for (if buying -- check for cleaning, authenticity, etc. If selling, then possible links to previous sold coins of the same date/mm/grade/slabber [PCGS], etc.) -- and the "offer" I gave was a general market range I thought people would accept. I'll be sure to clarify my intent in future posts!

BTW, I like your mini-signature below your username...(you should change the "o" in senior to an "e" ;) )

Draft saved Draft deleted