What would you grade this penny as?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by AlexHeaton, Apr 23, 2019.

1. AlexHeaton

AlexHeaton New Member

What would you grade this penny as?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

An environmentally damaged 1994 Zinc Cent worth face value. Not gradeable in my opinion.

4. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

Welcome to the show.

I do have to ask though what makes you think that this would deserve any grade whatsoever? It looks to me like it's spent some time underground and just worn & damaged.

5. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

If this was a 1909s VDB cent you all would assign it a grade pronto. As a 1994 Zincoln I grade it VF30 same as the 1909 would be graded. To much damage in the fields for me to go any higher. Remember grades below mint state are graded on how much of the coins design is left among other points. Worth one cent.
    Reed

6. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

You have a valid point with the grading scale. However since it doesn't add any value to the coin now or likely ever (unlike the '09S VDB), seems kind of moot. I was more curious as to why the OP thinks it should be graded vs. actually giving it a grade.

Gregg702 and Collecting Nut like this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Why compare apples to oranges? This Cent is damaged. It is and will always be worth one cent and not a cent higher. It's not worth the thought of grading let alone doing it.

Gregg702 and Double Die like this.
  8. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

We’re not talking value here the OP just wanted a grade so I gave him one. The cent is worth just that one cent.
    Reed

Collecting Nut likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

My grade was it's not gradeable, meaning it's not worth it. It's only worth face.

Draft saved Draft deleted