What would you do?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collecting Nut, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I had no real plans for them when I bought. I even forgot I had them.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Yes, hold onto at least the P's...maybe put a few out and up for sale with good marketing as to what they are to entice/attract interest...you never know.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  4. Millard

Millard Coindog

Its only $25 face, I'd stick them in the back of the closet and forget about them for a few years.

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Wait. You spend money like that? Can I become one of your charity cases? LOL

Vertigo and Collecting Nut like this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I’m my own charity case. And I have a wife. Lol

I also have numerous box, envelopes and other packaging items that contain coins from 11 years ago that I’m just now opening. It’s better than Christmas. Lol

7. rte

rte Well-Known Member

And to think my better half gets after me when I cant answer to a package that shows up in the mail box.

8. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

OK, I've done the same thing in the past. Bought on a whim then. Better than if you said hoping to make a profit. Back in 2006 to 2008 I bought about 100 modern commemorative silver dollars as bullion. I was buying them for $14.00 to $17.00 each proof or BU didn't matter. I had some fun with them. I left them in their capsules and tossed them in a few glass mason jars. Looks cool like that. Some came with the clad half dollars no extra cost. A few years later I donated the half dollars (about 30 to 40) to a boy scout troop working on the coin collecting badge. I think I even tossed in a lot of low value foreign coins. The new collectors need stuff to start with. You could do something like that with the pennies.

9. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

search for errors, die cracks, cuds, struck through grease, etc and also look for potential high grade coins

10. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

Agreed

john65999 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted