What would you do?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by kforbes862, Jan 16, 2018.

1. kforbes862

kforbes862 Well-Known Member

I just bought two coins from a well known long time dealer, 20,000 plus positive feedback, and one coin, a 1970 philippines piso, was listed clearly as km202a, the silver version, in the title and description. should be 26.45 grams 90% silver. It was listed for about 1/3 of melt value, which is what I paid for it. It was either listed with a wrong price on it, or the description is wrong and it is km202 and not silver. When it gets here, i will get to see which one it is, but what would you do if it is either of the cases?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

I would get a hold of said dealer and ask to make it right first.

Kentucky likes this.
  4. Steve66

Steve66 Coin People

From the looks of the coin you posted in newest acquisition, I would say it is the copper-nickel version, but I'm not certain.
    If you like the coin and think you paid a reasonable price, then keep it. If not return it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  5. kforbes862

kforbes862 Well-Known Member

I was thinking that it looked that way, the silver ones look more like a matte finish right? There is a big weight and diameter difference i can check when it gets here also.

6. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

From the look of it and the price you paid, I seem to understand you were knowingly buying the CN version, right ?
    Then, if you like it and the price was right, keep it :)

Q

Draft saved Draft deleted