What would you do with these?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Tuco, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

A teller called a few days ago that she was holding $400 in new quarters for me that I picked up today. I was thinking they could be Idaho River of no Returns and I might finally get the W I'm missing, turns out I have bats in the belfry! :) Is it too early for these to possibly contain Ws? No W enders, lots of Ds and maybe 20 double bat rolls. She had two 2020 quarters left in her tray I bought that were both Ds. What would you guys do with these? The reason I ask is I've had about $600 in CRH related expenses in recent months and I've never sold a find (rolls are selling for about $20-$23 on ebay) wondering if selling these rolled might be best.

AS1.jpg

AS.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'd cash them in at the bank. I'm guessing that with your expenses you will just about break even, that is, unless you plan on selling them on Craigslist. ~ Chris

Tuco likes this.
  4. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

I'd try to resell them at a slight premium this weekend and see if anyone bites. +1 for the craigslist idea above. (or other free routes) If not, I'd keep a couple rolls for myself and return the rest.

Tuco likes this.
  5. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

Thanks guys, isn't there supposed to be 2020-Ws with a privy mark mixed into D and P rolls? Sealed rolls don't last long around here, opened 2 rolls and 80 Ds :D

bats.jpg

6. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Tuco likes this.
  7. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I think the bat quarters are cool. I have never seen a full box of one type quarter here, but the banks I get quarters from aren't Federal....so maybe I just don't see them.......anyway I did order some bat quarters from the mint ( I always get an S roll) but ordered other P and D rolls too. Opened the P's and put some in flips to give to my helpful Tellers. They hadn't seen them yet and they really liked them.
    I would hold onto a roll or 2 of each (P and D) for awhile, and move the rest along, sell them as unopened rolls.

Tuco likes this.
  8. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I just looked at them on Ebay. Single Rolls are going for $19.99. I have to wonder why somebody would pay over $90 for a set of 3 rolls (P,D and S) when you can get them from the mint for 1/2 that.

Tuco likes this.
  9. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Save 2 rolls and open 2 rolls then 2x2 them

10. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

List them in the for sale section of CT.

spirityoda likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted