What Would You Do w/ This Quarter?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by WashQuartJesse, Feb 20, 2013.

1. WashQuartJesse

WashQuartJesse Member Supporter

I made a best offer for a raw toned 1960 proof quarter I estimated at PF 65-67. The offer was accepted. I received this 1964 toned quarter which looks like a type B instead? For the 20 dollars or so spent, I don't think it's worth the hassle to return. Do you? Would you just call it a wash or would you try to make a point? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

I'm lazy so if the coin was "worth" the amount paid I probably would just call it a wash and say I have a duplicate in the collection. However, if you are going to maul over it, then go ahead and return it for your own sanity.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Have you considered the possibility that the seller sent your coin to the wrong person? Whether you want to avoid the hassle and keep it or return it is something you might want to discuss with the seller. He/She just might have another buyer who is not too happy about it.

Chris

5. WashQuartJesse

WashQuartJesse Member Supporter

I didn't think of that. I've mixed up shipments myself and know what a nightmare that can be. I'll contact the seller.

6. I do not think that is a Type B. I like the toning but not sure it is worth $20. TC

Draft saved Draft deleted