What will the album makers do with the Territorial Quarters

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by davdo, May 12, 2008.

1. davdo

davdo Senior Member

What do you guys think (or know) the album makers will do with the Territorial Quarters? Completely separate album or add a page to the Statehood Quarter albums, even though they are NOT part of that series? An album for only six (or twelve) coins? Opions please. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

I know that Whitman and I'm sure Dansco does also, make a blank page to fit their albums. I'm not sure about the rest of the albums out there. Im positive that Whitman and Dansco will produce a revised Statehood Quarter Album to sell that will have the entire series involved, its a guaranteed money maker. Almost every collector that wants a complete set of these will buy the revised album I'm sure. Myself, I'll just stick a blank page in my album.

4. davdo

davdo Senior Member

But, (not meaning to argue with you), the territorial quarters aren't part of the 'Statehood' series. What is the solution--a separate album?

5. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

So the new albums will be called "State and Territorial Quarters".

6. Topher

Topher New Member

Gardmaster will probably just have an add-on page, as their albums are designed that way. I have no intention of buying a new album for a 12-coin series. (I only collect the circulation issues.)

7. davdo

davdo Senior Member

Hmm. Well, I guess if they are going to produce another Statehood Quarter album, then (for me) the most sensible thing would be to just produce a Territorial Quarter book. Keep the two series separate and that way there won't be 'wasted' Statehood Quarter albums!
    Any other thoughts? Thanks for the input!

8. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

The territories, like the states, are going to be circulation issues.

9. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

I've been purchasing the Whitman blank album pages for many years now. Most of my albums are from before anyone knew how long any coins would last so I just keep adding blank pages. Whitman also sells sheets of Gold colored press on letters/numbers so I keep the dates/mint marks under the slots as if a factory made page. Of course my allignment is not equal to a machine so some are out or line. I've already made several State Quarter Albums from Blank Whitman folders and blank pages to add on to the 1932 to 1998 Albums. I've used those press on numbers with decent, not great, appearances. I can add as many pages as the cover will permit.

10. swick

swick New Member

Are the "Territorial" quarters a sure thing then? Sorry if this has been answered, but I haven't been paying attention. Brain tumors ya know!

swick

11. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

Only if the Mint obeys the law passed several months ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted