What US Coins do you want to add to your collections in 2024?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by David Betts, Feb 25, 2024.

1. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Cheech9712 and BuffaloHunter like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

I would love to get a 1955 doubled die cent but doubt that will happen. Just at the top of my wish list!!!

4. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

I have quite a few US coins that I need for my registry type set, but I’d have to say that the one I’ve been looking for the most lately, and would like to add this year, is a draped bust silver dollar.

5. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I am satisfied with what I have collected. I no longer have a wish list as I now enjoy them until the train of life takes them to my heirs. My wish is that all of you reach your goals in collecting and life itself. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I can't decide. I'm spending the year selling and that money will go to something special. Probably a bust coin.

David Betts and BuffaloHunter like this.
  7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Mine is to try and finish a RPM and OMM set for the 38D Buffalo. All MS65 or better.
    According to Wexler there are 14 RPM's and 4 OMM's. This has changed since I last collected them.

9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

10. David Betts

Dang when I made this post I thought Green18 was coming in with this! lol hawiian1.jpg hawiian.jpg

Cheech9712 likes this.
  11. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I feel a lot like @Mr.Q above. I haven't bought anything new from the mint for years. I have all the circulation issue US coins from the late 1800's to about 4 years ago. The exceptions are the extremely difficult to find. I am pulling selected coins from my sets and passing them to children and grandchildren. An example is the 1900 Layfette Dollar. It was included in my complete collection of 20th Century Silver Dollars (including all commemoratives). I gave it to one of my daughters. So, I'm not looking to add anything.

12. russell1256

russell1256 Well-Known Member

For my PCGS Type Set:
    Fugio Cent
    Indian Head Cent No Shield, Wreath (1859)
    Three Cent Silver
    Shield Nickel with Rays (1866-67)
    Liberty Head Nickel With Cents (1883-1912)
    Seated Liberty 20 Cents
    Capped Bust Quarter
    Liberty Seated Quarter
    Standing Liberty Quarter Type I (1916-17)
    Washington Quarter Bicentennial (1976)
    2004-D WI State Quarter High/Low Leaf MS66
    2019-2020 West Point Washington Quarter MS67
    1964 Kennedy Half Dollar MS67
    Kennedy Half Dollar Bicentennial (1976/D)
    Barber Half Dollar
    Liberty Seated Dollar
    Trade Dollar
    Eisenhower Dollar Bicentennial (1976)
    1936-M Philippines Peso Roosevelt

13. Dima

Dima Member

I've got 3x pricey wish list items. If I'm lucky, hoping to pick up one of them this year --

- 20th century MS64 or higher Liberty Head double eagle (specifically want 20th century vs 19th to fill last gap in my 20th century MS gold type set)

- MS62 or higher 1900 Lafayette commemorative silver dollar - one of the keys (and only silver dollar) in the classic silver commemorative set.

- 2009 ultra high relief St. Gauden double eagle - an exceptionally cool modern restrike of the classic St. Gauden double eagle. Fun fact: his original design called for a 22mm, eagle-sized coin that would be exceptionally thick. Unfortunately, technology of the time couldn't accommodate such a high relief coin and the design was adjusted. In 2009, to demonstrate just how far technology has come along, the US Mint released this issue to demonstrate their prowess and growth.

14. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

Hopefully a 1793 liberty cap cent. :)
    I have a feeling my wallet wont like it. :sorry:

15. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

The top of my wish list is a Grant Commemorative with a star. I was offered one recently, an MS-67 for stupid money. I'd be very happy with an AU coin.

16. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

My list: 1877 MS65RD Indian Head Cent
    1916-D MS65FB Mercury Dime
    1916 MS65FH Standing Liberty Quarter

Wants and reality are two different things.

17. David Betts

Now I know who's been bidding against me lol!

18. David Betts

Man after my own heart not for me anymore but trying to get kids grandkids involved and the double mylar album's I think cost now more than the coins I'm putting in them!

19. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

Indian Head Half Eagle
    Indian Head Quarter Eagle
    Liberty Eagle
    Liberty Half Eagle
    Liberty Quarter Eagle

David Betts and BuffaloHunter like this.
  20. No_Ragrets

No_Ragrets Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about a California fractional gold piece for a little while now. They're so darned expensive though! If I see one, I'm going to have a difficult time resisting the urge to splurge.

21. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I’m starting to feel like @Collecting Nut ….. Opened a forgotten cabinet in my office last week and found four coins. Thinking this may be the year that I finally thin the herd. Seems I said something similar last year too… Oh well…

Draft saved Draft deleted