What type is this 1824 half?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by buddy16cat, Jul 4, 2022.

  1. buddy16cat

    buddy16cat Well-Known Member

    What type is this 1824 half?
    1824half.jpg 1824halfrev.jpg
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest

    to hide this ad.
  3. Rheingold

    Rheingold Well-Known Member

    Do you ask for the Overton variety, Buddy?
  4. buddy16cat

    buddy16cat Well-Known Member

    Is it 4 over 1, over 4, normal?
  5. lordmarcovan

    lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

    The type is Capped Bust, Lettered Edge.

    The Overton variety is a matter for specialists to tell you.

    Low grade, but I like it. It's a CircCam.
  6. okbustchaser

    okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

    As said above, the type is Lettered Edge Capped Bust.
    The variety (which you were actually asking about, I believe) is 1824 over a recut 4.
    The Overton die marriage is O-110. Nice pick-up.
    Cheech9712, longshot and lordmarcovan like this.
  7. Mr.Q

    Mr.Q Well-Known Member

    Yes, to all of the above opinion's thanks for sharing. I like it.
  8. Cheech9712

    Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

    Good job
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page