What TPGs apply VAM and Snow Numbers to coins?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Vroomer2, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

I have a few Morgans and IHCs I want graded. What TPGs will grade and assign the appropriate VAM/Snow number to the coin? Also, how accurate are they? (in your experiences.. all the VAM and Snow variety people)

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

I've heard PCGS will but you have to tell them what VAM, Pedigree, or Hoard it is ahead of time ;)

Ben

4. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I think PCGS will only do some of the VAM's and I'm not sure about Snows---I would go with ANACS---but you should know what number they are as if you don't they will charge you over $10 (I think that is the right $$) per coin to find it themself.

Speedy

5. Old Silver

Old Silver New Member

I guess it all matters what mood you catch them in. I sent in a few Morgans and listed the Vam#. One I listed incorrectly and ANACS only charged me $5 to correct it. Another time I sent in a Morgan strictly for grading and when I got it back it was labeled a Top 100 Vam# and there was NO charge for the discovery. Of course that was a few years ago.

6. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Cool deal!!!---I've sent in one varietiy--it was a Breen number on a Seated Half Dollar--not mine but the dealer that the guy had bought it off of had listed a Breen on the flip---I just put that down and they agreed with the dealer!

Speedy

Draft saved Draft deleted