What to sell Roll of Wheat Pennies For?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SilverTracker, Apr 25, 2018.

1. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Hey All,

What price would you recommend to sell rolls of wheat pennies for? They are in the date range of 1940's - 1950's and are in AU to Good condition with no special dates in the rolls.

Thanks
    ST

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Two to three dollars per roll would be average. Any higher, you're at coin dealer prices. Any lower, you're not maximizing yourself. That's what I get for them in my neck of the woods.

juris klavins and wxcoin like this.
  4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I think $1 -$1.50 as these coins have been picked through and they are all late dates (40's and 50's) which are the least desirable.

5. Packrat

Packrat Well-Known Member

Generally in our area dealers pay in the range of 1.50 per roll. Sell at the coin meeting for 22.50 for 10 rolls, and in the antique malls for about 4.00 by the roll. Don't know what impact AU would have on the equation.

6. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

I would say anywhere from $1-$2 depending on how many you are selling at one time and the buyer.

7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

A couple of bucks plus shipping. Selling them in a lot might be a good idea

8. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

$2.50 per roll (or five for $10) in person seems fair - shipping costs will be more than the coin price

9. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

I agree with the assessments so far. Too bad they have been searched already, otherwise you could have buyers lining up on ebay for $12-15 /roll! :D:D:D

10. ungawhaa

ungawhaa Member

My LCS buys at 2 cents and sells them at 4 cent, but you have to buy a 100 at a time. When I was doing my lincoln sets I bought 4-5 hundred at a time, got coins from teens and up. Even gotten a couple of 1909 VDB's. P>S. got my final coin I needed for my set a 1922 no D

Draft saved Draft deleted