What to collect?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by eric0911, Apr 10, 2011.

?

What to collect

1. Silver Commemeratives

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Franklin Halves

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

I've been all over the place with coins lately, trying to collect everything.I'm finally stopping that and going in to one series. I'm going to a coin shop on wendesday and am looking to start a registry set.I can't decide what though. It's Early Silver Commeratives type or Franklin Halves. I don't care which is cheaper or shorter just what you would collect.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Classic commemoratives all the way pre 1956.

4. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

I usually try to collect the most undervalued things and err on the side of the more modern.

In this case you've picked two excellent series both of which are grossly undervalued at the current time. This is one of rare times I'd go with the older coins. This is because the older commems have never really been "fully priced".

Sometimes I'll collect something that is "expensive" but I try very hard not to. All you ever have to do is wait long enough and it will be cheap.

5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Best in my view to start with the smaller in difficulty and price. My collecting goes all over the place too. I try to focus on one thing like Walking Liberty's, of course I buy other coins but it's always in my face as to what's on my mind. That said, I go on binges too like I'll buy a gold coin every now and then but it always has to be one I can resell for more or one that I would never sell. happy collecting, whatever you choose!! :thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted