What this coin worth , a 1850 0 S$1 NGC MS64 Sweet

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Hugh Stiel, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Hugh Stiel

Hugh Stiel Made in New Orleans

When I purchased coin I thought it was worth 23500, however a couple of months ago a coin graded the same by PCGC sold for 105k. What would a realistic price be for this . Not that I want to sell right now??? thanks for your opinions.. and what do you think of the grading here by NGC?HS

1878221_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpg 1878221_DetailsThumb_Rev.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

That must have been a sweet collection indeed. :D
    That coin deserves better pics.
    NGC also has this chart as for price, but that's just an estimate I guess, you can only tell the real value when it's sold. 3323.jpg 4242.jpg 33434.jpg

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The PCGS coin is a pop 1. How many has NGC graded at this grade?

5. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

What's it worth? Put this in an auction and find out.

6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

It is not uncommon with coins like that for them to spike in price in a given sale. But at the next sale, be it 6 months, a year, or a few years down the road, it is also not uncommon for them to drop in price to half or even less, of the previous price. And sometimes to even less than they were worth at the sale before that.

Of course they can also go up in price again. But there is no way to predict or even estimate what will happen because the market is just to thin. Small fortunes have been made, and lost, many times with coins like this.

Draft saved Draft deleted