What should I buy with $70?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Impulsee_, May 28, 2017.

1. Impulsee_

Impulsee_ New Member

I'm looking for any indian's head cents flying eagle cents any pre 1899's half dimes and any large cents, the grade should be 20+. Please tell me what to buy thank you. Which ever coin has the most likes I'll buy and i'll show proof that i bought it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Half dimes

Omegaraptor and ColonialCoin4 like this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Half dimes $70 could get you a very nice 54, 57 ,58 specimen with plenty of details in a nice Xf possible Au coin.

5. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

6. Impulsee_

Impulsee_ New Member

Sure as long as vf20 and above and in my budget.

7. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

Id start by asking what do you already have in your collection? Is your goal to work towards completing a type or expand into a new one? Or just spend $70?
    Since VF is your lowest grade I would look at the Flying Eagle Cents. It's not uncommon to scoop a nice example up on eBay in your price range even near XF. I picked up 1 of each (57, 58SL and 58LL) in F (for hole fillers) for around 50 total. It's a small set to start and not a bank breaker to finish and, I think most would feel the same way, not including an example of the 56 and saying your set is complete is OK. The older whitmans had a filled punch out for it and the newer ones don't even have a hole for it. Good luck and have fun finding your next addition!

8. Impulsee_

Impulsee_ New Member

hmm interesting, thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted