What "Sets" have you completed?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinBlazer, Feb 21, 2019.

1. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Ah, a brown Ike. I need to upgrade the '71 blue Ike because of a nasty fingerprint (not exactly sure how that got on the coin since it was in mint cello). Cool!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Peace Dollar date and circulation set and gold Indian $2.50 date set.

Although I have all the coins I need for these sets, I don’t ever think of them as complete. :banghead:

4. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

I'll see if I can't find some pics since Photobucket has choked.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. charlottedude

charlottedude Novice Collector

A set of Charlotte $5/Half Eagles 1838-1861; and Indian $2 1/2 Quarter Eagles (1908-1929). I've since sold the entire QE set, and several pieces of the Charlotte set, the latter of which I'm slowly rebuilding again.

Randy Abercrombie and Mainebill like this.
  6. charlottedude

charlottedude Novice Collector

And if subsets qualify, a set of 1798-1807 Bust Right/Heraldic Eagle $5/Half Eagles. Also almost have the 1807-1812 Bust Left/Capped Bust $5/Half Eagle set completed, sans the 1807. Anybody have a nice, original one to offer?

Mainebill likes this.
  7. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

I've been collecting coins for close to 50 years, and the number of sets I've completed in that time is . . . zero.

The only set I ever attempted was the Whitman Lincoln cent folder when I was around 7 years old. Somewhere along the way, I decided that having a whole bunch of what was essentially the same coin bored me. So I said, "No more sets" and never looked back.

Mainebill likes this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

No two of us need have exactly the same flavor of OCD. ;)

CoinCorgi likes this.
  9. CoinCorgi

Must...fill...all...holes!

10. CoinCorgi

Yes...disturbing on so many levels!

11. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Never completed a single set. Slowly working on trade dollars from 1873-83 with proofs and a us type set. But when I need money I sell stuff

Maxfli likes this.
  12. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

Silver war nickel set. Many years ago. Still raw.

Cal

13. NumisNinja

NumisNinja Active Member

Sometimes you can cheat the set depending on your album. Some albums dont have holes for rare and costly varieties like the 22 plain, 1856 FE,1869/9, micro S, and so on. Makes filling the set slightly more acheivable.

That being said, I still have no complete sets other than Lincoln memorials. But I have about five sets missing only the key dates.

14. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

My only completed set is the Presidential Dollars in PF-69. Never going to be worth anything, but I enjoy having them and will someday be able to burden the next generation with them... :)

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  15. Williammm

Williammm Member

Indian cents, Lincoln cents, Buffalo nickels, Mercury dimes, and Kennedy half dollars.

Draft saved Draft deleted