What premium, numismatic or otherwise should I expect to pay for junk silver Franklin Halves.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Coinguy123456789, Feb 23, 2016.

1. I see that Provident metals and Apmex are charging roughly $7.50 per Franklin Half which seems high considering that's $2 over spot. Do local dealers charge less of a premium, or is it a crap shoot? Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Back when I had a LCS (local coin shop) their junk silver prices couldn't be beat. No idea what it's like where you live but if you've never been to any near you I think it's worth a shot. One of the LCSs near me didn't update their prices on Morgans and he honored the discounted price - the owner knew that it was below melt but sold anyway. It's good to establish a positive relationship at your local stores for discounts and notices.

tommyc03 and Stevearino like this.
  4. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I was just at a local coin show Sunday and a couple of dealers had junk halves for 13.8x. One had probably 1000 halves in his pile for sale, WL, Franklins, and Kennedy's. That seems to be the going price around here right now.

Stevearino likes this.
  5. girldly

girldly Girldly

Why so low, silver is up.???

6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Because this thread is 6 months old

Santinidollar and Kentucky like this.
  7. girldly

girldly Girldly

Understand, thanks.

8. Fjpod

Fjpod Active Member

My lcs beats the big guys on 90% by at least 50 cents on face....and no shipping our waiting.

9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I saw some Mercuries on sale last Saturday for slightly less than the APMEX price (for a bag of $50 face), but there was only two dealers at a show of 40 tables who had any. And they did not have much.

Draft saved Draft deleted