What premium for sound provenance?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by YOC, Oct 21, 2014.

1. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

I'd be happy to pay perhaps a 20-25% premium if I trusted the seller and it came with the additional hoard info and pictures you describe (for the 'run of the mill' hoard).

This wasn't the question you asked, but if I were you I'd be a little more concerned with the time it'd take to sell 800 mostly Probus and Tacitus coins. Particularly the Tacitus ones.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. YOC

YOC Well-Known Member

It won't take long to sell decent coins. ......trust me.

4. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

You'd know better than me, of course! :)

5. YOC

YOC Well-Known Member

Not sure. .... I sell a few. I tend to sell quality coins fast, especially when the number is finite and provenance included is the guy who I bought them from standing over a hole full of coins surrounded by BM archaeologists and smiling at the camera. I cannot wait to get my hands on them.... They are silver washed and very very pleasing.

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I do not doubt you can move nice coins sir, its just I would not pay any more to know which spot they were located in. Maybe some people would, kind of like how "treasure coins" are popular. That is why I suggested maybe the general public would be a better market for these than ancient collectors. I think most of us would like the coin for what it is, and not too concerned that its part of a relatively unpublished find.

7. YOC

YOC Well-Known Member

That's true, some people put less value on provenance than others.... nice to hear differing views medoraman.

Draft saved Draft deleted