What papermoney collects everybody here?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by coimanro, Jun 13, 2005.

1. coimanro

coimanro New Member

What banknotes everyones collects here?

I collect from worldwide but mostly from: Canada,India,Europe.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

I have some US, and some miscellaneous other foreign stuff. I have a set of mint German mark notes from the last issue going up to 100 DM (Missing a 50, though), and a full set of euros going to 50.

I have lots of inexpensive notes from Europe, and I especially like currency from the old Communist countries. I have, for example, a nice 100 crown note from Czechoslovakia, then the same note with a stamp issuing it in the Czech Republic, and the same for Slovakia, after the breakup.

I also collect co8nterfit notes, which is a conreroversial area, but it is fascinating. I have an old 200 DM note that someone put a lot of effort into making – fake watermark and embedded strip included. The whole note was then lacquered to give it the proper brownish appearance.

4. kon

kon Junior Member

I collect paper money from all over the world and at one poit tried getting a 'full set' of each particular issue from different counrties but that proved a bit hard to do- some small value notes were very hard to find whilst the biggest notes often were very expensive so it was economically wiser to spend than to keep them. I have about 30 notes from Russia including the Soviet ones and I have alomost a full set of currennt Romanian notes (up to 500 000 lei).

5. SanMiguel

SanMiguel - pro patria vigilans -

i collect anything and everything that has to do with banknotes...i just recently opened up to private issues, local currencies, and promotional/test notes. my only criteria is that all my notes have to be uncirculated, and budget-wise, that limits me to modern notes. heheh...after i win the lottery, i'll worry about palestine, texas, the straits settlements, etc.

http://public.fotki.com/sanmiguel/world_banknotes

6. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

I am a collector of British Commonwealth banknotes.I also collect postal notes & postal orders from British Commonwealth countries as well.

Aidan.

Draft saved Draft deleted