What one coin have you been looking for and how long?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ldhair, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

Plenty of 18th century material and available, beyond Conder tokens, particularly other European coppers. As usual, condition and demand play a big factor in price. But for American coins, you're pretty much limited to a worn large cent or State/Colonial coin.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TCB_24-7

TCB_24-7 Junior Member

Yeah, I guess I did "fail to understand" that a big grin smiley indicates a comment was a joke. Just as some of you failed to understand the meaning of word dingbat (a silly person). So, by your logic, I can write whatever I want, and say whatever I want to as long as there is a big grin smiley face after it, and it would be ok?:D There is my green smiley guy. So, that's ok then?

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

No, that is not what I mean. The rules are pretty plain, they are easy to find, and some of them have been explained to you. You are expected to follow them just like everybody else.

But many of us here are friends. And friends, as they often do, give each other a good ribbing, they razz each other, tease each other. And when they do so, they typically use what they think to be a appropriate smiley face to help indicate the intent, the tone, of their words.

Now you seem to be an intelligent person and I have no doubt whatsoever that you fully understand what I am saying. But if you expect me to believe that your comments were used in the manner I described above - well, better do some more thinking.

Enough has been said. Let this be an end to it. As I said, you know what the rules are now.

5. bqdude

bqdude Barber Quarter Enthusiast

1909-O Barber Quarter VF to AU

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

One thing is for sure. We all as collectors, are looking for that magic coin.
    Nothing to do with money. It's all about the fun of finding it.:)

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Agreed!

Now, that is a tough coin.

I picked up a F-12+ in 1997, and have never seen another, nor one that is better.

AG's, G's, and even VG's are out there, but VF & up?

Good luck.

also very tough:
    1896 O, 1897 O & S.

and don't forget the 1905 O.

Let me know if you ever find one. I'd love to see it.

8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Just found my old CD that condor101 did on slabs. As of March of 79 they would show a grade if you wanted. Looks like a person had several choices.
    They would grade it, just say genuine, or even net grade it. These things have quite a history. Never knew there were so many types.

9. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

A BU 1979D Lincoln cent with an unfilled mint mark.

Draft saved Draft deleted