What one coin have you been looking for and how long?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ldhair, Jan 11, 2010.

1. TCB_24-7

TCB_24-7 Junior Member

Hey BaldSpartan, I have both of those...hehe I bought my father's safe off of him for 3K, and those were just a few of the gems in there. A few others include the complete Peace dollar set, complete Franklin halves, two 1 ounce krugerrands, amoungst other treasures.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

1877 ihc, 1909-s ihc, and a 1897 snow-1 ihc.

4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I'd like to get a St Gaudens $20 dollar gold piece. A bit out of my price range now and only getting further and futher from becoming a reality. That said, at least I can get the smaller pieces like 1/10's and quarter eagles. Maybe I'll have enough some day to move on up, who knows? That's my hope anyways. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

A well centered antoninianus of Tetricus I in good grade and fine style. I have never seen one that is nice enough, anywhere for any price. His silver or gold coins fit the description, but they are beyond difficult to find (one comes on the market ever eight or so years, maybe). And beyond expensive!

In gold: (NAC 2006, $50,000)
    [​IMG]
    In silver: (Baldwin's 2008, $5400)
    [​IMG]

6. Breakdown

Breakdown Member

18-D and 18-S Buffalos. Had one of each that I didn't like and sold them. I have had a difficult time finding ones with nice eye appeal. My 1918 Phily isn't that great either.

7. sirfordster

sirfordster Member

lets see here, a 1913 v nickel, 1895o proof morgan, 1916/16 buffalo nickel,1856 flying eagle proof,1894s barber dime, 1901s barber quarter, and a 1909 s vdb in ms 70. Thats all that i've been looking for! :D

8. trogdor

trogdor Junior Member

For me its the 1909-S Indian head in Au-58 with outstanding eye appeal. I've been looking since 2005 and can't find anything that really calls out my name. Just got back from FUN and didn't find even one that came remotely close to what I wanted!! Blah.

9. hiho

hiho off to work we go

Two Swiss Schutzenfest silver medals:

1912 Bumpliz (Bern) Richter #270 (RR)
    1913 Worb (Bern) Richter #275 (RR)

Each are worth about $200 in UNC condition but try finding one.

And a nice 1955 DDO Lincoln cent.

10. riverman

riverman Junior Member

1892o Morgan Dollar just cant find one that I like yet.It has to be BU to go with its mates of that year so I can start on the 93's

11. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

1913-D & 1926-D Lincolns 63/64 slabbed and affordable. I am not sure just how long, bu at least a couple years getting more serious lately.

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I am looking for a 1901-S Barber Quarter

13. Dime_a_dozen

Dime_a_dozen Junior Member

1933 Gold Double Eagle

14. schatzy

schatzy ~Roosie Fanatic~

1970 NO S Roosevelt in cameo

15. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I was looking for one for over 10 years.

I am no longer looking....

But I will consider another one.

;)

16. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

For the past 10 years this is the only coin I have really looked for.
    Nice ones just don't come up. FS-25-1857-901 (006).
    It's the last coin I need to finish a set I started probably 20 years back.
    If you guys see one, please let me know.
    [​IMG]

17. texmech

texmech Wanna be coin collector

What I have wanted since I was a kid, 09 S VDB

18. TCB_24-7

TCB_24-7 Junior Member

I'd be willing to trade my 1909 S VDB for a few gold coins.....Then again, maybe not!

19. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Larry
    Nice choice, I search for those varieties/what ever you want to call them whenever I can.

:thumb:

PS Why didn't ANACS grade that one?

20. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

1913 Liberty Head Nickel in change.
    1894S Liberty Head Dime also. :goofer:
    Oddly enough I spent a few years looking for a 1920D Lincoln Cent about MS-63 or higher. At coin shows I was constantly told no problem, you'll find one here. Spent years hearing that. Findally after about 5 years one poped up.

21. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Best hurry and find one. Think about this. Due to the State Quarters there are now more coin collectors every day. With 300,000,000 people in the USA alone, add many more in other countries, then figure about 10% are now becoming some type of coin collector, you get about 30 million trying to collect coins with a mintage of less than one million. Not great odds.
    Although you may hear that those are still available, the possibility of them being fakes too is growing.
    Ever have the ones you have verified? :):confused:

Draft saved Draft deleted