What Kind of Gifts Do You Give Your Favorite Tellers?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Good Cents, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

It's that time of year. I'm preparing gifts for the mailman, and a biggy for the UPS guy who was great this year while I ordered lots of stuff online. He puts all our deliveries into a plastic box I set out by the front door so the stuff doesn't get ruined by the weather. (Fedex and UPSP-package-delivery just leave packages on the steps, they don't even put them by the door!)

These past few years I've gotten into coins and cool currency and I would like to give a gift to the head Teller at the bank.

Last year I tried to hand the head Teller a card with money inside and she wouldn't take it, telling me it's against the rules (it's a Chase Bank). I was shocked as she handed it back, and the next day brought a box of cookies with a ripped open thank you card (had to remove the money).

That teller isn't there anymore and I've tried to make friends with another one. But I'm hesitant to give this new one anything after last year's experience. And I don't know if I should give to all the tellers because they're all nice, they know me by name and one gave me 2 very worn Walking Liberties that a customer brought in (!). Or maybe I should just get a big box of cookies or chocolate for the whole Team?

So, I would like to know what you do to say "Thank you" if you have a Teller or cashier who looks out for you for coins and paper money.

Do you give them cash, food gifts, flowers? Do you write thank you notes? Do you give once a year during the holidays or all year long?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

You can't (IMO) give a gift to just one teller. She will tell the others. I bring donuts to the group during the year.

Jaelus and Good Cents like this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I bring donuts and coffee (If I am out on the weekend in the morning). Other times I bring candy and other stuff than can be shared among everyone.

EDIT: My 8 year old son has also written thank-you cards which all the ladies love <3 :)

Mike185 and Good Cents like this.
  5. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I used to give NIFC Half Dollars for their birth years (or AU Bi-Centennial Half dollars) in snap cases. Some banks allowed the tellers to accept, some didn’t. I switched to homemade cookies as it seemed too forward to ask for birth years. The wife’s cookies are a big hit, and the whole team can enjoy them. We’ve received numerous thank you cards in the mail addressed to the wife and I. First of all they are way better than store bought, and they appreciate the personal effort in making them.

green18, Good Cents and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

a dozen donuts to the head teller (the one who has the keys to the vault to get my coins out of) is what I do.

Good Cents likes this.
  7. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

8. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

?

9. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Last Summer I had an excess of 1977 proof Kennedys. I put them in airtights and gave one to each teller. No Problem. I try to bring doughnuts every 4 to 6 weeks. Last week I brought them each an Innovation Dollar in a flip. Closer to Xmas, if I bake cookies this year, I will bring some in for them. I try to do something for them at least every other month if not more frequently , not just the Holidays.

TexAg likes this.
  10. myownprivy

I give them the gift of my business.

MaryK likes this.
  11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Grandfather would say, 'nobody's business'........

12. myownprivy

I would also give them a hot date if they're attractive.

TexAg and furryfrog02 like this.
  13. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

My favorite teller loves donuts. I bring a big box about once per quarter for all the tellers to share.

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

And, this is the guy who is always trying to weasel suggestions from the other CT members for improving (his) searches for coins and bullion.

Listen up people! Remember this the next time he asks!

Chris

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You're being facetious. Right?

Chris

16. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Every week I go to the bank. And every week there are Martians in front of me trying to cash checks without ID or something else as equally retarded. So, yes my teller definitely deserves a Christmas present. Do you think she'd like a box of red, foam, clown noses? She could put them out in front of her window with a little sign that says please take one?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You gotta go with something that all the tellers like, eat or can look at. You can't just single out one.

Islander80-83 and TexAg like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted