What is your opinion of this EBay seller?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by sakata, Mar 17, 2018.

1. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

https://www.ebay.com/sch/highbigyet/m.html?_trksid=p3692

I bought from him last year and the coins were so obviously fake I reported him and got my money back. When I gave negative feedback he offered to refund the money if I would call EBay and change it, and when I refused he called me a liar in the feedback response. He claims to be in Maryland but the coins shipped from China. All his listing are private. And he changed his username recently. I am amazed that no one else gave him negative feedback but a lot of it is from one person and makes me suspicious.

What do you think about the coins he has listed? They don't look genuine to me. He does not appear to have sold anything in the last month.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I just did a quick scroll through and all those coins looked fake.

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Oh, for...

I went to check his username history, and eBay is censoring username history now, similar to the way they obfuscate buyer names in feedback.

I can understand why they did this -- I used my own full name as my username for the first 15 years or so I was on eBay, finally realized that was a bad idea and changed it, but anybody clicking through my seller info could see my previous name.

But if someone wants to know whether I'm the same seller they bought from years ago (or the same buyer they sold to), there's no way to do so now.

And if I want to know whether the fake peddler @sakata pointed to is the same loser who sold me counterfeits a couple of years ago, well, I'm out of luck, too.

On the whole, I count this as another strike against eBay.

Blissskr likes this.
  5. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Looking at the German coins, they’re quite valuable and certainly don’t look right to me. They’re either cleaned or fake...

6. Ericred

Ericred Active Member

Just wondering what coins did you buy.

7. Gallienus

Gallienus coinsandhistory.com

8. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I also really doubt that Ebay programmed it so if you had that user blocked so you wouldn't see their listings, etc that the new names auctions would still be blocked as well. No way of testing it of course but it would be interesting if that would open people back up to getting scammed by the same seller as in the past despite having blocked that user originally since the block feature goes by username if it negates it.

9. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

"...we don't ship to Israel Italy or near Greece, Peru Columbia New York City , Mexico City or North Carolina..."

North Carolina?

10. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no idea what the seller's religious affiliations have to do with their listing, but they sure did decide to let us know.... it's just a disorganized pile of random mishmash!

11. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Probably because of sales tax.

12. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

This seller has been discussed before either on this forum or another one I am a member of. I would not buy anything from this them. Read their negative feedback. I know there are only 3 listed, but the sellers reaction to em are horrendous and might even be illegal.

13. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

"...most heirlooms are old & we are young."
    Oh yeah. They're nutters. Run the other direction!

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 7.47.33 PM.png

Kentucky likes this.
  14. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Another idiot seller is "dreamtrophy" who is trying to sell coins worth under $100 for thousands of dollars.

15. Aotearoa

Aotearoa Currently Smitten with DBLCs

Truly bizarre.

16. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Noah's Ark...these people are hilarious...read the whole thing and get a chuckle...but don't buy.

17. Kentucky

Hey @sakata I think he's gone already, nothing listed for sale, but I did find this:

user history.jpg

And three negs from f***p ...hope I didn't give away your secret identity :)

18. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

That's the one and I noticed that also. And, no, there is no way to identify me from that cryptic name.

19. Kentucky

I can identify myself from my name of a***b

20. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Yes, but I cannot.

21. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Is it me, or are there any listings left? It appears I'm blocked from seeing any listings.

I'm guessing someone playing games - and I've probably run across them before.

Anyone that is hiding their bidders, sales or anything of the sort to obfuscate is definitely hiding something.

Draft saved Draft deleted