What is this ??

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by StarksCave, Dec 28, 2018.

1. StarksCave

StarksCave New Member

I am pretty sure while reading of various minting errors that there is a title for this. Under the left eye is an S and I think a T. If Im not imagining things does it hold any value as a collectible ?? 20181202_004955.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm afraid you're imagining things. Humans look at random marks, and try to find patterns in them. There are lots of random marks on that cent, but your eye is drawn to the ones that happen to look like a letter.

There is an error here -- making cents out of copper-plated zinc. It's a stupid idea, unless you're a zinc manufacturer, but we seem to be stuck with it.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Either circulation damage or a plating issue. Only worth 1 Cent.
    Not a Mint Error.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Keep a mental note on how often these coins with "random letters" on them have lots and lots of physical damage. Yeah, it's not random at all.

6. StarksCave

StarksCave New Member

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience. Im a newbie and have been reading quite a bit. Which Im sure we all know especially with coins can very mind boggling for us rookies. I like to say "You can kick a dead horse all you want. But it doesnt mean its going to drink the water." Again thank you. ... Does anyone have 100 copper Lincoln's for a paper Washington ?? Lol

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You've got a good imagination. It's just damaged.

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Exactly right! :wacky:

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Or an owner of a copper mine in Arizona.

Draft saved Draft deleted