What is this

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SteveO55, Nov 29, 2018.

  1. SteveO55

    SteveO55 New Member

  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest

    to hide this ad.
  3. USCoinCollector42

    USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

    That my good sir, is a memorial cent (1959 - 2008). They can commonly be found in change from stores and restaurants in the United States.
    Newbie69 and TyCobb like this.
  4. SteveO55

    SteveO55 New Member

    What is the hacking in the collums
  5. bsting

    bsting Never enough coins.lol

    Just looks like some form of general damage. Nothing special I would expect.
    Paul M. likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

    Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

    Damage or as we call it PMD. Post Mint Damage as it happened after it left the US Mint. Only worth spending value.
    Paul M. likes this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

    V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

    So then not a "Lincoln Memorial Reconstruction" variety cent? :hilarious::hilarious:
    KevinS likes this.
  8. USCoinCollector42

    USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

    Just looks like damage from time spent in circulation. Definitely not something that occurred at the mint.
  9. Pickin and Grinin

    Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

    Looks like it is in need of repair for sure.
  10. SteveO55

    SteveO55 New Member

    Is that doubling in united states of America CM181129-171250002.jpg
  11. Newbie69

    Newbie69 Doesn't make cents!

    Damage on your coin is what I call an ATM error! ( Asphalt Test Marks);) Welcome to CT. BTW try to be specific on the issues you are looking at and post pics of obverse and reverse. This helps take the guess work out of it.
    Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page