What is this???

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by sarah louise, Jul 14, 2016.

1. sarah louise

sarah louise New Member

My grandad recently died and looking thru his things and I found a coin saying DANMARK 10 ore to a really old letter. I googled it but nothing came up ! Is it a misprint? I also have a silver 2p and 1p from the 70's ! Wondered if anyone had info on them :) X

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Without a picture - is this the coin you are talking about? It's from Denmark - earlier ones are silver then changed to copper/nickle. Not sure about the date of change over. Somebody will come along and fill you in on this coin but really pictures help immensely.

[​IMG]

4. sarah louise

sarah louise New Member

Yes that's it. Thought maybe it was a misprint haha

5. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

OK, then it's made from copper/nickle - probably not worth more than a few dollars.

6. sarah louise

sarah louise New Member

Ok thanks. What about the silver uk 1p and 2p ? I tried to upload pics but my mobile won't allow me for some reason.

7. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

1p and 2p coins are bronze, not silver. 1d and 2d coins could be in silver as Maundy money. If so they are really tiny. I cannot recall if there was ever a silver proof set of the decimal coinage. I cannot recall ever having seen one.

Your phone pictures are almost certainly too large to upload and need resizing. Without more info comment on the UK coins is limited.

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Paper currency is printed.
    Coins are minted, struck is the better word. An error is called a mis-strike. :watching:

Draft saved Draft deleted