What is this worth

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Onofrio Bacigalupo, May 13, 2017.

1. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

To get an unbiased opinion, not to be attacked!

4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Fair enough . . . then I suggest that, next time you have already sold an item, and demonstrated to yourself that it is worth what you asked for it, you not trouble CT members to add their unbiased opinions to what you already steadfastly know to be true.

Oldhoopster, wxcoin and Stevearino like this.
  5. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Maybe ask this question before selling? Just saying.

halfabuck likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm sure you do!

Get your Ike dollar coins right here for a mere $50 each!

Chris

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ok, enough is enough, some are on time out for 2 weeks to think about their language and personal remarks, others are getting very close, so STOP ,or Mother's Day will not include CT :)

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Nonsense! The only thing you've done is to possibly ruin the opportunity for others due to your own personal greed. It doesn't take a genius to understand that much, much more can be made in this business from long term collectors or customers than the laughably petty one-time burn. It also doesn't always take much to push budding collectors away, even from $20 or less loses (if one can't buy widgets without getting screwed, but step up?), so why take that chance? Are you seriously THAT desperate to make a few extra dollars?

wxcoin, ToughCOINS and Stevearino like this.
  9. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Exactly . . . this site is intended to cultivate a stronger collecting community, and not to promote or tolerate the taking advantage of the uneducated or unsuspecting.

wxcoin and shagbark acres like this.
  10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm not sure it's always unethical to take a strong price for a coin. In particular, if two people get into a bidding war on a true auction, they're pretty much declaring how much they want the item, with no guidance (or misguidance) from you.

But when you consistently ask "how much is this worth", and then boast about how much more you got for it, I think that reveals an attitude that's fair game for criticism.

Of course, as someone who lurks on eBay looking for undervalued BIN lots, I may not have an ethical leg to stand on here. If that's the case, feel free to light into me the next time I post about a lucky BIN find. I can be persuaded to change my mind.

halfabuck and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  11. halfabuck

halfabuck Member

I don't know, I have bought terrible coins that were portrayed under the right conditions as better than they really are. I think it's greedy and gives a bad name to sellers. Receiving a bad coin thinking it was better than the ad is depressing. It's like that police officer that gave you a ticket. You hate the police and never forget it. I just shake my head in despair and go on. I am not a complainer, usually give good reviews no matter what, and just could not give someone a bad deal knowing I have overcharged. Everyone likes to make money and turn a profit but not at someone else's expense and lack of knowledge. That seems greedy to me. The coin business should have integrity but it seems like some sellers are turning into used car salesmen. It is just too difficult to examine a coin from the picture so you do depend on the seller to be honest about an item.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You're absolutely right; there isn't, but your second paragraph also perfectly explains the difference between a simple "strong price" and what we have here.

13. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I need one! I'm uneducated so I'll buy three at that fair and low price!;)

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Sorry! I just sold my last one.:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Chris

15. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Bummer! I got really excited!;)

16. STU

STU Active Member

sorry but i agree with chris

17. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

It's tells even more of a story. When the one selling it doesn't have a clue what its worth either.

18. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Once upon a time is how that story starts

Draft saved Draft deleted