what is this medal/token

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by enochian, May 13, 2015.

1. enochian

enochian silver eater

I picked this up at an estate sale for $1 and thaught the guys at the coin club might tomorrow like it. i plan on starting the bid at $3 but i would like to know more about it and its value. I dont care if its not much just want more info. I can not find a picture or any info on this anywhere ive looked.

[​IMG]
    the above picture is from my wifes camera it died right after i took the picture
    the bottom2 are from my phone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the image does stick out pretty far from the surface
    I assume it was giving out or sold when it when the fort became a historic landmark.
    weighs 1.10 ozt
    more info on the fort

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ouiatenon

this is growing on me not quiet sure what im going to do with it the more i hold it and look at it

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. I.L. McDougal

I.L. McDougal Active Member

With the absence of numismatic markings, and the fact that it is 1.10 ozt instead of an even 1.0 ozt, I would certainly lean towards this being a suveniour or tourism item.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I agree that it is probably a souvenir of some sort. Even though the wiki link does validate the existence of this outpost/fort in 1717, I can't help but think that the spelling is a colonial attempt at humor........Ouiatenon........We ate none!

Chris

5. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

I missed that at first---I think you're right.

6. enochian

enochian silver eater

I knew it was a suvenior. Which means there should be tones online or at least a picture of it but there isent. Atleast i know it made atrip from indiana to northern michigan before i researched it i thaught new orleans. Because of the fleu

Draft saved Draft deleted