What is this called?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Vintage1956, May 22, 2020.


I'm brand new here, have been collecting coins for awhile but never have seen this. Any clues?

  1. It is a Error

    1 vote(s)
  2. It is Damaged

    5 vote(s)
  1. Vintage1956

    Vintage1956 New Member

    Good afternoon all, I am new to the forum, so please excuse my dumb questions.

    Attached Files:

  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest

    to hide this ad.
  3. Vintage1956

    Vintage1956 New Member

    This is the Reverse of that coin.

    Attached Files:

  4. Kentucky

    Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

    Wow, just a post 1982 cent coin that has had part of the coating damaged and the underlying zinc decomposed. Zinc rot. Welcome to CT
  5. spirityoda

    spirityoda Coin Junky Supporter

  6. cpm9ball

    cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

    First, welcome to the neighborhood!

    I usually refer to all Lincoln cents that are produced mid-1982 to date as Crappy Zincolns because this is what can happen to them when they are exposed to the environment.

    By the way, there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers. ~ Chris
    Kentucky, spirityoda and Jeffjay like this.
  7. Collecting Nut

    Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

    Totally damaged. Welcome to CT.
  8. Kentucky

    Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

    ...and we have lots of those...
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page