what is the rules for depicting nudity on coins?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by eric6794, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

How could they? Now you may say that our rules refer to language used on US television 60 years ago. I don't know much about how TV was in that country at that time :) but that sentence is not a rule by itself, it illustrates the rule regarding bad language. This also means that the answer to what is OK (and what is not) with regard to what gets posted here takes some common sense.

It may well be "compliant" or even necessary to show a coin, in the context of some topic, that shows some nudity. If you want to know, for example, whether a Roman spintria is probably authentic or rather a reproduction/fantasy piece, a discussion would be hard without an image. But showing a medal that features genitalia, merely for the purpose of showing it, is a different story.

Christian

paddyman98 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Again there was no showing of anything it was edited...correct? no form of nudity was displayed on anything I posted right? again close this thread. The purpose of showing the token was to ask if its ok to post.

4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

You wrote that the rules are not clear, I tried to explain why this is different from, say, exceeding or not exceeding the speed limit. And yes, it makes sense to lock the topic.

Christian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.