what is the rules for depicting nudity on coins?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by eric6794, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

There are so many coins to post that are more interesting. I know better than to post a token as yours. My advice.. don't do it. Sorry if this bothers you but that's just the way I feel. There are young collectors and we want to keep things clean. Your coin is not appropriate.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

you know what I edited the picture I at least asked if it was ok so if me posting things is a waste of time and I did something so wrong then I suppose I'll stop posting things. I figured this would be ok for the exonium thread since it is a token and some people do collect them and I've never seen one like that one but heaven forbid I post something risky, at least I asked first

Kentucky and paddyman98 like this.
  4. paddyman98

You are correct. Let's move on. By the way.. what is this exonumia thread you keep mentioning???

5. What are the rules for depicting nudity on coins?

Female nudity okay

Male nudity not okay

JPeace$, Cascade and eric6794 like this.
  6. UnCommonCents

UnCommonCents Variety Collector

Never seen people get so butt hurt over a little T and A. Watched TV lately? Walked by a magazine rack at the grocery store? Oops.. hope the word rack doesn't offend anybody. Are we still allowed to post pictures of type 1 standing lib quarters? Foooor cryyuying out loud!

Mainebill, eric6794 and paddyman98 like this.
  7. paddyman98

When I go to the supermarket I cover my eyes when I get close to the Chicken Breast section :wacky:

eric6794 and UnCommonCents like this.
  8. UnCommonCents

Bahahaha

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

You gotta remember this is the 1950's Beaver Cleaver sorta place. :D

10. eric6794

There is a thread that is called lets see your exonium that is for non currency type coins such as tokens. I think it's spelled exonium ?

11. eric6794

Exonumia :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

My crystal ball sees a little yellow padlock in this threads future :pompous:

paddyman98 likes this.
  13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The owner of the forum, wants the rules and the level of visual and language used to be close to 1950 US Broadcast levels. Don't you think its a little low level to bash a place where you are a free guest and all that is asked is to obey the rules of the house? I do. You can always start a forum of your own with the rules as you like or find one that already does, but then that would take effort and money.

14. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Dude...check out some of the ancients...

UnCommonCents likes this.
  15. UnCommonCents

Not that I really care.. I would just like to make a couple points. 1950s broadcast is quite vague and means absolutely nothing to most of us, being almost 30, the earliest TV I remember is from the 90s. You say free like the owner could get away with charging us for a service, when in all seriousness we are all subject to the adds that likely generate profit for whoever owns this forum. I don't disagree with the rules, nor do I wish to start an argument... but nudity in fine art, coin design and paper money is not uncommon.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Of course you care, or you wouldn't have to make points. Unless you have paid the fees to be a supporter, you have no cash outlay for it, so it is free. Yes, nudity in coin design, paper money, etc. is not uncommon and is allowed, check out the foreign and ancient coin sections. Nudity on the actual banknotes and coins in this thread are still here, even without the caricature of Doug, they would have stayed. But by your post #45 , you indicate that you want things your way, which is not the forum's way. Please read post #30.

17. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

18. eric6794

Removed for what? asking a question and posting a edited token that shows no nudity! Buddy if you get your knickers in a knack that easy then go ahead and report it. I do believe mods have seen it and if it was inappropiate it would have been removed. If you think I should be removed for that please don't bother looking at anything I post. If a mod reads this please close this thread cause it was never meant to cause a problem I just wanted to be sure of the rules.

19. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I did report it. You should know better. We have young kids here. I gave my opinion because the mods did not remove it.

20. eric6794

problem is though is there is alot of coins/tokens that have nudity on them that have been posted many times before and they were not removed. I asked if it was ok and when I wasnt sure if it was I edited the token, there are many coins that are bare breast women and some that shows the behind also so should the people that post those coins be REMOVED? Or is it only the ones that are not in your taste?

21. eric6794

and how was I to know better? I have been here 5 months and the rules are not exactly clear on the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.