What is the purpose of CAC?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TylerH, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Moderns too with QA but I haven’t seen either of them gain the acceptance of CAC. I’m sure they both have capible people but I’m not sure either has an indisputable titan type expert for their area at the helm like CAC does with JA.

Numismat likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

Show me the 10`s of thousands then.
    For your information
    NGC office in London only opened 10 days ago.
    CGS which was the first grader to open in the UK has closed and has been taken over by LCGS.

There are 556 listings for slabbed coins on eBay.uk, most are BIN, non seem to be selling.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=slabbed coins&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

There are 34 which are auctions, as I type only two are selling and they are gold coins
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=slabbed coins&LH_PrefLoc=1&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Why would I be scared ?
    How do I pay under for coins when that is the asking price at auctions, fairs and flea markets, are you suggesting I should pay these people more.

I`m not the only one that disagrees with you, look at all the other posters, your fellow countrymen that believe CAC and slabbers are a scam.

I`m a moderator on Cointalks sister site Antiquers, we follow the same rules as here, if someone disagrees with someones opinion, rudeness, name calling and personal attacks are not tolerated, the posts are removed and the poster sanctioned for breaking the rules, the same should be enforced here.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  4. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

5. daveydempsey

Perhaps I should put them on ignore.:cool:

6. daveydempsey

Wow
    I just put them both on ignore and its like their posts don`t exist.:D

7. Numismat

This is just sad.

baseball21 likes this.
  8. baseball21

Unfortunately some people just have no interest in actual facts and want people to just blindly agree with their opinions. All we can do is correct the information to make sure anyone reading has valid information and not just feelings being expressed. There's no real point worrying about changing their mind, you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink

9. Numismat

I don't know if this can be chalked up to a matter of right or wrong. We just need to do better in terms of disagreements.

10. baseball21

I agree in terms of whether or not someone uses something but that isn't what was being said. When someone comes out off the bat calling people gullible for using it, saying they bribed eBay, calling it a scam ect there definitely is a right and wrong in those instances.

11. Numismat

You can't change what has become the core of people's attitudes. All this anger ends up being self-defeating. We just need to do better in respecting one another.

12. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

I heard if three people put the same person on ignore that they die in real life.
    Wait, that might have been a movie I saw.

daveydempsey likes this.
  13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

When the day comes for me to start selling off my collection, I want as many as possible of the important coins, PCGS/CAC. I feel that's going to bring me better prices. Don't get be wrong, I like NGC as well.

Santinidollar and baseball21 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.