What is the best/your favorite circulating coin design in the world?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ddddd, Feb 8, 2021.

1. ddddd

ddddd Member

There are many coins out there but which would you pick as the best among those circulating anywhere in the world?

To make this a little less broad, let’s only include coins from 1950-present day. It can be any country (US and beyond) and it qualifies even if it barely circulates (for example, Sacagawea Dollars in the US).

Morgandude11 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Washington quarter/pcgs-66
    20210208_112119.jpg 20210208_112132.jpg

Kurisu, Sley, ddddd and 2 others like this.
  4. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  5. TheGame

TheGame Well-Known Member

The Czech 50 korun is my favorite among current circulating coins.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Hmmm . . . neither your photo nor mine is showing in the original posts, but when I quote you, your photo shows up on my screen while I'm entering the reply.

7. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

Egypt £1 bi-metalic.

upload_2021-2-8_16-47-3.png

Kurisu, MIGuy, Sley and 2 others like this.
  8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Cheech9712, fretboard, MIGuy and 5 others like this.
  9. TheGame

TheGame Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, even tried reuploading them. Let's try it again:

vPUeUFd.png
    MtHDgTc.png

Jaelus, Razz, Kurisu and 6 others like this.
  10. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

The uncirculated 1 Balboa, Panama

5F1E9F8D-538F-469F-BC5E-8D24EFD7F08A.jpeg 1FC07CF7-4D62-4F71-A44C-337E9462EA24.jpeg

Cheech9712, Jaelus, Razz and 9 others like this.
  11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

mlov43, spirityoda, Jaelus and 6 others like this.
  13. ddddd

ddddd Member

@Maxfli and @TheGame copying and pasting no longer works (something in the forum software is brokwn). You have to download a photo (if it's currently online) and then upload it using the "upload a file" button.

TheGame likes this.
  14. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

DSCN7956.jpg DSCN7957.jpg

I don't have alot of post 1950 out of circulation most uncirculated.
    I did however pick this up around melt... not that it was needed must have a doz or better but the color I couldn't walk away.
    A P.S. to my comments above.
    My father worked for the Federal Reserve bank.
    The evening before the banks got the 1st distribution of the new Kennedy half he came home with two rolls of P mint coins.
    In those days the fed got armored vehicles in with bag coin and at the bank there were cages where women fed rolling machines to feed the coins out to branch banks.
    I have 3 left from those 2 rolls put away...of course no provenance to back this story...but to me that doesn't matter I have that night in 1964 where I was the first 10 year old on my street to hold a new Kennedy half dollar!

15. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

I feel like most of the people posting here completely missed the question that was asked... Only four of the coins posted so far are actively circulating issues. Just saying.

Anyways, I like the bimetallic coins that Mexico has in circulation right now. I always look in change for the Pancho Villa 5 pesos that were made in 2008.

5618548491882268972.jpg

Argentina has a cool sunface design on the 1 Peso

1pesocoin.png

Coins from the Bahamas have always had a soft spot for me, even since before I began collecting. I used to be a tanker (fish tank collector) before numismatics and fish/marine life have always captivated me. Reminds me of the saltwater tanks I had as a kid.

370-original.jpg

Oh, and here's a badass design I found while browsing Google images that also comes from the Bahamas. Even though it was NIFC it's just an awesome artistic design.

404-original.jpg

spirityoda, Kurisu, MIGuy and 5 others like this.
  16. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Nice coin, and a nice story. I was the first kid to have a new polymer Canadian 20 dollar bill and the newest series of $100 US. Kids at school were sure impressed. Not coin, but similar enough that i felt it was relatable to your tale.

ddddd likes this.
  17. ddddd

ddddd Member

Thanks @YoloBagels ! I should have been more clear in my original post that I was looking for coins that were either actively circulating or recently circulated (and thus are still abundant for inexpensive prices). I originally was going to add "no precious metal content" since those coins would have long been removed from active circulation.

edit: NCLT/NIFC coins are ok for my question (as there are plenty of coins that technically can circulate and are readily available but just not really used).

edit2: I like that Bahamas coin but it appears to be gold and something issued for collectors.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  18. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was uploading from my stored photos on IMGUR, which is what I always do. Just tried it again, still not working.

ddddd likes this.
  19. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Still not working for me. But hey, I was trying to post the same coin you posted — Czech 50 korun — so I guess it doesn't matter.

20. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Finally got it to work.

S2zcRll.jpg

Brought a handful of those back from Prague 3 years ago. I was quite impressed with both their coinage and paper currency.

spirityoda, Razz, Kurisu and 6 others like this.
  21. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

I'll award Costa Rica an "honorable mention".

costa_rica-100-colones-2007.jpg

Kurisu, onecenter and ddddd like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted