What is the best way to display a collection if you're showing it off

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by USAcoinMaster, May 23, 2015.

1. USAcoinMaster

USAcoinMaster New Member

I have a collection of Kennedy's, wheaties, mercs, roosevelts, barber half dollars, nickels, barber dimes, Indian head, other silver, and foreign.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

What's the context for "showing it off"? Exhibiting at a show? Showing your friends? Looking at them yourself?

I prefer to keep my actual coins at the bank in a safety deposit box and show off high resolution pictures of them.

4. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Boxes, slabs and albums don't really matter if you have all the key dates ;-)

5. razorblaydesjr

razorblaydesjr Active Member

I'm finding high resolution photos is also a great way to enjoy my collection or show off to friends.

Of course, the best way is to hold them and look at them under light with glass. I personally purchase coin world slabs, 3 ring binders, and ENCAP slab holders. Easy access, transportable, and offers a level consistent look.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you show them to enough "friends", sooner or later your house will be burglarized.

Chris

Twobit, benhur767, Maxfli and 8 others like this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

So sad. So true.

8. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

I lock up more expensive stuff. The rest of the cheaper world coins I have, I use binders and 2x2 holder pages. These are cheap and offer a good peak at the coins every now and then. They also provide decent protection, assuming it isn't too humid where you live

9. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

on cointalk of course.

10. re-collect

re-collect Active Member

I keep most of my 'valuable' coins in a safety deposit box also, but I often regret having to do so. What I'm thinking of doing is rotating some of the more valuable coins from my safety deposit box to my safe at home. Pictures are nice, but I didn't get back into the hobby to look at pictures of my coins.

Hope1275 likes this.
  11. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

I also keep some at home and some at the bank in SDB. I also need to stress that if you keep your coins at home make sure to hide them very well and not in your bedroom closet.

12. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

The best way to display our collection is to list them on our website. You take lovely photos paired with great articles and history and voila. As many have already pointed out, the more people that know you are a coin collector the more visible you're making yourself for possible theft. Furthermore, most of your friends, like many of mine, don't give a hoot about your coins.

13. Twobit

Twobit Active Member

Albums, but only show a couple at a time tell the one your showing you have others but they are in the SDB.
    Be vague with values/cost.
    Loose lips sink ships

Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted