What is the 1982 no mint small date made of?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Murillo, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Murillo

Murillo Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, well? Looks like were getting more restrictions here about staying home. So having said this I'm spending my time finally going through coins and putting them in order by years.

So I came across the 1982 small date and I weighed it and it first came up 3.1 grams then I weighed again and again it came up 3.1 grams.

Weighed it again and it came up 3.0 grams, now I know the famous 1982 D small date is the one to get excited about which I don't have. But I'm just wondering...if the weight of the 1982 D small date 3.1 grams is made of 95 % copper, then what is the 1982 (no mint) small date which weighs the same 3.1 grams made of?

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Holy bat dung, batman. Wow. Jeez. This virus is worse than I thought. :banghead:

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

The 1982 no mint is Philadelphia mint and they made both the copper and the zinc in the both sizes. The zinc cent should weigh 2.5 grams. Do you have a Red Book? If not, you would do well to have one for such questions.
    Good luck.

Oldhoopster and Murillo like this.
  5. Murillo

Murillo Well-Known Member

Sure is! Dang, now that all bars, restaurants, other business are closed for four weeks gotta kill some time with an old hobby. I'm sure this site will be pounded with questions from those of us who aren't really dedicated to collecting coins, so if there are questions what better place to ask then to ask the experts right? Take some aspirin hopefully this virus will be over soon. :hilarious:

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Capture+_2020-11-01-09-52-56.png

Any Copper is 3.11 grams
    Copper Plated Zinc are 2.5 grams

1982 D Small Date Copper.. Only 2 have ever been discovered. I doubt another one will ever be found.

Got it?

Draft saved Draft deleted