What is my coin worth

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by National dealer, May 29, 2004.

1. Shelly Jones

Shelly Jones New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

4. Shelly Jones

Shelly Jones New Member

5. Shelly Jones

Shelly Jones New Member

So it looks to you like it was damaged in circulation?

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Not eveything that looks different, strange, weird is a mint error. Your Cent is damaged.. Worth One Cent
    Capture+_2021-07-02-20-37-15.png Capture+_2021-07-02-20-37-39.png

Penny Luster likes this.
  7. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

Not from circulation, it looks like it was damaged on purpose. Badly scratched and scraped up.

DEA likes this.
  8. Shelly Jones

Shelly Jones New Member

Thank You

9. W.rivera

W.rivera New Member

Anyone know how much this coin is worth?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Hi and welcome to CT. Some advice; you will get more response if you re-post this in the "what's it worth" sub-forum. But, before you do, please edit your images by rotating them so the are in the correct orientation and crop out all the background so just the coin shows and, like you just did, choose the Full Image option for each image.

11. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

One Dollar, US.

Scuba4fun777 likes this.
  12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

Your coin is the Sacagawea "Golden" dollar from the first year of production. The most valuable of these coins from that year is the "Cheerios" dollar, but yours is not one of them. It's only worth $1.

DEA likes this.
  13. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Dipping it in water or leaving it alone makes no difference. Unless it's a 1931-S or D or one of the 1932s, it's probably not worth more than about 2c U.S.

14. consul

consul New Member

Hello, group... I am interested in an approximate value of an imperial denarius (Tius). The problem is, I can't post a photo...:(

15. consul

consul New Member

Hello, group ....I am interested in an approximate value of an imperial denarius (Titus). The problem is, I can't post a photo...:(..

16. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Hi and welcome to CT. How are you trying to post your photos?

17. Jimmyv

Jimmyv Member

I recently brought some old pre 1964 coins, mostly quarters, to a local coin shop to sell. I weighed them at home and had a pretty good idea what I could get for them. A couple of them were Canadian, one was from Britain. All .900 silver. I laid them in front of this guy, and he separated the U.S. coins from the others, and said that the foreign silver is worth less. He weighed everything and gave me a value half of what I expected at melt value. I said thank you and walked out. I also had a 1901 Indian cent which was in the family for 60 years, in a mylar holder, and printed on it was AU condition. I looked uncirculated to me. I showed it to this guy to see what he thought, and without hesitation he said that the coin had been cleaned. How would he know without closer inspection? Seemed to me rather than win a customer, he lost me and I spread the word about him.

Inspector43 likes this.
  18. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Canadien coins do not contain 90% silver. I think that they are closer to 80 and some even lower than that depending on the year.
    Since we cannot see the 01 Cent. It is impossible to help with that coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted