What is my coin worth

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by National dealer, May 29, 2004.

1. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity Supporter

@gmk51 ...Welcome to Coin Talk. As a new member, your first task would be to learn how to create your own new threads and post pictures.

For Kennedy halves, a U.S. coin, you would navigate to the “U.S. Coins” forum to create it. Always use the correct forum for the subject you are posting about. Why? Because that way your post gets to the members who can help you.

Also, post a full image of both sides, not thumbnails. Then post a close-up of the area on the coin you have question about...full images have better resolution and help members see what you are talking about...Spark

Kentucky likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nathan Bradley

Nathan Bradley New Member

20200804_212628.jpg 20200804_212949.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this coin in my collection. From what I see it is a 1943 P liberty nickel but it is gold in color. I don't remember where I got it over the years but I can't find any information on it. I just keep coming across the 2016 Westpoint gold liberty nickel but obviously this isn't that. there is no discoloration on the side where the ridges are and I don't believe it is toned because it is the same gold color all the way throughout the coin. any insight would be very must appreciate and thank you for your time.

4. Nathan Bradley

Nathan Bradley New Member

sorry, I meant liberty dime

5. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Hello, new member! I rather think your dime was cleaned at some point and the color is just toning from an envelope or some other environmental factor. Let's see what others think.

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Toning can take many shades, I have a Standing Liberty quarter that is REALLY gold looking. BTW, it's a Winged Liberty dime, most commonly referred to as a Mercury dime.

7. KubbLife

KubbLife New Member

Curious... i just found this 2019-d lowell quarter. the front has the normal "quarter color" with gold tone spots... the rear is all gold tone. is it of any rarity at all? Thank you.

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 Let me burst your bubble! Supporter

Some environmental toning. Not rare.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

All coins will eventually start to tone.
    Modern clad quarters either will start to tone Golden, or in light pastels. This is common.
    There is a difference between good toning and bad toning. Both are environmental.

Draft saved Draft deleted