What has happened to Alex Fishman?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Topcat7, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Topcat7

Topcat7 Still Learning

I got to know Alex when i bought some coins from him. He used to operate from a web-page called www.numismall.com and one day the web-site shut down with the qualification "
    The store is closed
    We are temporarily closed for maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please check back soon.
    ". That feels like it was almost 12 months ago.
    I would have expected any 'maintenance' to have been finished by now.
    Does anyone know the story????

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. KIWITI

KIWITI Well-Known Member

I was told it wasn´t doing well, so they had to shut it down. :/

4. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

i don't know TC. i thought numismall was like ma-shops, a place where central store for many sellers....was that not the case?

5. Topcat7

Topcat7 Still Learning

Hi, Chris.
    Like you, I am unsure as to how it worked. I THINK that it was as you say, a 'Mall' for multiple sellers, but I have the feeling that Alex was 'behind' it, somehow, . . . . . . . . . but I could be way off the mark.
    I think that A.N. was close to him.

Ancientnoob likes this.
  6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

It started off as a competitor to Vcoins. Then other shops shut down and it was only the main seller there. I noticed it shut down too. Too bad, he was a good source for the goofy stuff AN and I collect. :(

Ancientnoob and Topcat7 like this.
  7. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Yeah, I bought a bunch of goofy Nabataeans from him, and he had more I wanted, so I hope he sets up a new lemonade stand somewhere.

8. askea

askea Active Member

9. THCoins

THCoins Well-Known Member

Ancientnoob and Topcat7 like this.
  10. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

oh yeah, ancientcoins.ca, now i recognize it. yes, i purchased several coins from him myself...mainly from ebay. thanks for the heads up there...why the new seller name on ebay?

Topcat7 likes this.
  11. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

When I spoke to Alex back in March he told me that they were restructuring the business and he was taking a long vacation. He didnt elaborate further but he was a great source for the unknown, the exotic and the under appreciated.

Originally numismall was like Vcoins with several dealers with shops on the site. The site then became only Alex's material. It last for several years like this until it was closed.

There was so much you could get from him that you could no find else where. I have tried and had mixed success. I can find some stuff but some particular pieces continue to elude me.

john-charles and Alegandron like this.
  12. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Gotta few things from him too... :)

john-charles and Ancientnoob like this.
  13. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I recently got some nice Indian AV Fanams from him, great service/ nice examples:)
    John

john-charles and Ed Snible like this.
  14. john-charles

john-charles Member

He's a good guy in my book.

sand and panzerman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted