What happened to this coin?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Lil ol' me, Mar 28, 2020.

1. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Hey Lil, you sought out the opinions of the members of this community. Nobody sought you out asking if you had any unrecognized, never seen before, coins with post mint damage.

Your initial naivete was tolerated by most of us. Then your obstinacy became grating bordering on arrogance. Finally, your insulting attacks have become childish and offensive.

Learn a bit about numismatics, accept some constructive criticism, and tone down your holier than thou attitude and maybe the next forum you join will welcome you better than your worn out presence here.

Goodbye.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2020
    thomas mozzillo likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Hey I didn't think I was being rude at all, just stating facts and trying to help you understand. You are correct, there are new varieties and errors found all the time. There is a big difference though, there is a place and time during the minting process where these can and do happen. If it is absolutely impossible for something to take place during the minting process however, it just not going to happen. It has nothing to do with being closed minded. Coin minting is a manufacturing process with certain steps and procedures. There is no magic where things can appear out of thin air. Again, best of luck.

4. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Here is some information to help you submit your coin

PCGS and NGC require that you be a member to submit coins directly. NGC membership is free if you belong to the American Numismatic Assoc. You can also submit coins through a PCGS authorized dealer. I believe you may have to pay extra for error/variety designation.

ANACS accepts coins directly from the public and will authenticated errors
    https://www.anacs.com/SubmissionForm.aspx

ICG is also an option for errors. @Insider is affiliated with them. He has written extensively about counterfeits and coin authentication in many (all?) of the major numismatic publications and has taught at ANA seminars
    https://www.icgcoin.com/

I think ANACS or ICG would be the easiest for a new collector to navigate.

Basically, all of the advice you received was to help you save your money, but if you are insistent that you found something rare and valuable, this information should help. However, please send it in soon, so as not to drag out this thread any longer. Also, please let us know when you send it.

5. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Active Member

Listen to Paddyman he knows what he's talking about, I've learned alot from this forum in just the short time I've been here

Draft saved Draft deleted