What happened to Coin Talk on Twitter?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Moekeever, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Moekeever

Moekeever Well-Known Member

I use Twitter a lot and I was used to clicking on the new threads as they were posted. The last posting from Coin Talk on Twitter was on 1/6/2017. I know this topic will not interest most, but I miss them.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

I don't have twitter, facebook, blog nor any others.
    This is the place that I follow.

Nathan401 likes this.
  4. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I thought twitter was for politics, ie the twitterer in chief. I don't have twitter, facebook, snapcrap, kik or any other newfangled anti-social behavioural defecations.

imrich and Paddy54 like this.
  5. MrBubs

MrBubs Member

I love twitter. If you just follow people and subjects you like you can isolate yourself from the BS
    Anybody have some coin sites to follow that r worthwhile please lmk

6. Moekeever

Twitter allows you to block any subject you don't care about. Easy to filter the crap out and follow only subjects you care about. Coin Talk would show the latest post and with one click, your in the website.

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Didn't even know CT was on Twitter !

'Course I couldn't know that since I don't have a smart phone :)

imrich, usmc60 and Moekeever like this.
  8. Moekeever

Yup and CT has over 5000 followers. Can you forward this to the proper administrators.

9. GDJMSP

I'm quite sure Peter is already aware of it since he is the one and only person who could have set it up to begin with. And if he's quit or stopped using Twitter for CT, then he has consciously made that decision to do so.

Moekeever likes this.
  10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Just like my Dad.... uses about a 13 year old Nokia flip phone. DRIVES ME NUTS! Learn to text and use the internet Pops!!

Johndoe2000$ and Jdiablo30 like this.
  11. MrBubs

MrBubs Member

or maybe he was kidnapped Anybody get a ransom demand on Twitter

12. GDJMSP

Nahhh, aliens don't issue ransom demands. :D

CamaroDMD likes this.
  13. MrBubs

MrBubs Member

good point

14. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Neither do I. I had one for several years but stopped in 2012. Didn't like how high the bill was. Rarely got calls anyways. So tracfone it is, works well for my lifestyle.

imrich likes this.
  15. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

excellent point.

Perhaps it was swalled up by excessive fake news reports, edited

16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I have a phone, I use it for phone calls. And I use the internet, on this here thing called a laptop. (My pnone is CAPABLE of accessing the internet, but I turned that feature off. Surfing the net on a two and a half inch screen is silly.)

imrich likes this.
  17. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

No Twitter here. Or Facebook, or any other social media.

18. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

2.5" screen?? Conder, come to the Phablet side. If will change you're life. You too Doug!

19. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Seen them, to big and bulky, won't fit in a shirt pocket.

imrich likes this.
  20. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Happened to agree with your old man. Still have my own flip phone. You know what they say if it's not broken why fix it. Smart phone is the phone companies way of getting more money out of you each month. Don't tweet don't face a phone is for talking with someone else. A smart phone doesn't necessarily make you smarter.And think about it if you have a smart phone. When that phone is on and powered up, big brother is always watching you. Some of the old-timers will remember what A CB is. Still have a couple. Try using that smart phones when the power is out in the cell towers are down. Good luck with that phone. When the skip is on, I've talked to people around the world on my CB.:headphone::blackalien:

21. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I was expecting that 'edited'

:)

Thanks for not disappointing me.

Draft saved Draft deleted