What happened to Art & Coin TV

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cdc, Mar 18, 2016.

1. cdc

cdc Member

Have not seen it on TV for the past two week. Anyone know what happened?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cdc

cdc Member

Still no show. I hope Barry do not have another problem like Enbrel.
    Best of health

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I can't see the network, but their web site appears to have been emptied of merchandise and the last preview refers to a show planned for Feb. 8.

5. Santinidollar

Their Facebook page says goodbye after 25 years. That was posted in mid February. Apparently they bit the dirt

6. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Were they like Coin Vault on Shop at Home?

7. They were so dang overpriced it's a wonder why they went out of business.

David Leu likes this.
  8. Henry Kobasky

Henry Kobasky New Member

They must have relied on ignorant customers who had no access to the internet. Their prices were outrageously high. They would regularly sell various 1 kilo silver coins for $250 to $300 MORE than what Apmex was offering them for. They liked to keep their customers as ignorant as possible, which is why they NEVER referred to the current spot price, nor had it listed on the screen. Good riddence!

*wolf7* likes this.
  9. Santinidollar

I suspect that most of us here cannot estimate the damage ALL of the TV coin salesmen do to our hobby with their overpriced merchandise.

And add that to the damage created by sellers of cleaned coins marketed as "brilliant uncirculated."

Sheesh:banghead:

*wolf7*, serafino and Gilbert like this.
  10. noname

noname Well-Known Member

I've once seen a TV marketing, in which they were trying to sell of El Cazador half reals for 100 bucks in crap condition, labeling it as "Pirate treasure".

11. Santinidollar

Their Amazon store also is gone. Wonder if creditors and/or the sheriff were in hot pursuit?

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Damage, true. But they do raise interest. It's up to the savy buyer to do his homework and due diligence. I know. I've been had........but I learned real fast. :)

Santinidollar likes this.
  13. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Awww man, Jimmy Gerstel Just Came back too.... Him and Barry were very entertaining together..... Anybody see the episode where the frozen Mtn Dew explodes, gets all over the coins and they are trying to mop it up whilst making a presentation..... Classic!!

14. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

What was that "leading numismatic catalog" they were using? The prices sure seemed a bit high.

15. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

What was that "leading numismatic catalog" they were using? The prices sure seemed a bit high.

16. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

The part that no one thinks about is the "TV" sellers sell huge volume, they fill those orders from other dealers.

Long story short, when they go under it affects 1000's of dealers across the country.

17. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

You still got Mike Mezack on Coin Vault...HSN...what a treat!

18. royster

royster southroy

Mike Mezack is on HSN The Coin Vault moved from Franklin Tennessee to Indiana The two brothers Andy Able forgot his brothers name ran the show into the dirt so they brought back Scout Hauck very boring show and coins. Ricks US Coins unbelievably brought in coin huckster Jimmy Gerstel the same guy who called Rick and Jack coin nerd ripoff's with Barry Chappel by his side go figure that one out:hilarious:. Rick used to be humble but money seems to have gone to his head, but as he says time and time again we offer coins that have never been on tv before! I like to see his price and then find it cheaper on e-bay. He doe's offer more interesting coins but the prices:greedy: Rick likes to say i cherry picked these rare coins just for you and im not making much so theres still meat on the bones but i have to limit them to 5 coins per caller? He also says buy the coin not the label well now he has one the Reagan done by Andy Warhol kind of image along with ECC and Everest stickers but this now just add's to the value as an extra for you the collectoro_O

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  19. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I really can't say I'm sorry to see a shuckster go out of business.

Those con-men ripped off thousands of people and stole so much money it isn't even funny.

When I heard that Rick Tomaska was joining that network, I finally realized that he was a scam-artist. I think I knew it before, but I lost all respect for him after that. All of his positive contributions to the hobby were eradicated by the shameless hype of profit.

20. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

To coin a phrase, "Once they're gone, they're gone.

21. royster

royster southroy

Yes Rick Tomaskas boasts that he is the only PNG member on t.v i hope he keeps that in tack and he has contributed a lot including a new book he said he's been working on for 3 years yet now said he had to finish it in 3 months? But some of these cherry picked deals and change in philosophy like he used to be for the collector well now he admits on the show he sells to dealers "Dealers special"and if you have the cash you can join the elite Everest customer. I have always liked Jack MacNamara but he seems to be an after thought now that Rick enjoys being in front of the cameras Jack is left to do Bullion coins something Mr.Tomaska couldn't stand and left to the other shows. Intersting:greedy:

Draft saved Draft deleted