What feedback would you leave?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Prime Mover, Dec 15, 2012.

1. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

OK. How about a "follow up" question?

Since shipping was $5.00 per coin, lets say you'd only won 1 of the coins and it was shipped exactly the same way for $2.90.

Would you still give low DSR stars for Shipping and Handling?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Although I consider myself to be rabidly pro-seller in most instances, I now believe he took it too far and that the chosen shipping method was unacceptable. While I do not think it warrants a neg or neutral, I do think you should mention his unprofessional shipping method in the FB and definitely ding his shipping rating. The paper towels should be of no concern, but the least a flat-rate box should have been used. This would have shown that on some level, he cared about your purchase and not just saving every cent possible.

4. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

If he only bought one coin, the shipping should have been $1.64 for a 3oz package as opposed to $2.90 for an 11oz. package containing 7 coins. Just saying!

5. Prime Mover

Prime Mover Active Member

No, I would give positive feedback on that and not ding him, unless he had put the coin in a regular envelope with no padding. And in that case it wouldn't be a ding for cost, but rather carelessness about how it may arrive to the customer.

I think the $5 cost for a single coin to ship is well within reasonable expectation especially as you've stated there's costs even beyond the actual stamp for packaging - time and fuel if he had to drive to the PO, etc. Also, the point of it being a person not a business as businesses have other ways to mitigate a revenue loss from shipping (to a point obviously). Even if it was 2 coins I probably would not have dinged him. However, with 7 coins the way they were shipped, and the explicit reason he gave for keeping the cost high had nothing to do with the actual cost of shipping, I think in this case was my reasoning.

6. Prime Mover

Prime Mover Active Member

Absolutely, but later tonight. I have to run some errands (including ironically stopping by the PO to ship out some coins I'm trading someone) in a few minutes, so when I've got time later I'll do that and post.

7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You should just neg the seller. After all he made almost $4 per coin. He should have just sent them to you for free.:rolleyes:

8. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

haha.. yup. Neg the heck out of him. Any decent seller would have included a Bonus Silver Dollar or something.. Especially for a multi-lot bidder and winner. The nerve of some sellers amazes me. You may consider legal action also, maybe talk to a lawyer and sue him for the missing Bonus coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted